Rebooting, Freezing and more

this what i was talking about before this have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• dis1.JPG
    dis1.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 0
  • dis 2.JPG
    dis 2.JPG
    824.5 KB · Views: 0
  • dis 3.JPG
    dis 3.JPG
    899.6 KB · Views: 2
this what i was talking about before this have anything to do with it?

No. That is your AMD integrated video. You don't even have a driver installed for it, but if you would LIKE to install a driver for it, it is available here. Yes, it says Radeon 6950XT, no it does not matter. All of the current AMD cards use the same drivers.

No. That is your AMD integrated video. You don't even have a driver installed for it, but if you would LIKE to install a driver for it, it is available here. Yes, it says Radeon 6950XT, no it does not matter. All of the current AMD cards use the same driverswel

No. That is your AMD integrated video. You don't even have a driver installed for it, but if you would LIKE to install a driver for it, it is available here. Yes, it says Radeon 6950XT, no it does not matter. All of the current AMD cards use the same drivers.
What if i load the driver and use that and pull out the 4090 and if it keeps happening would'nt it deff mean then for sure its the ram?

What if i load the driver and use that and pull out the 4090 and if it keeps happening would'nt it deff mean then for sure its the ram?

You can test with the integrated video, yes, BUT... be aware that if you try and play any games with it, that it is very slow. As in, dial it down to 1080p LOW settings slow.

That thread indicates that that exception can happen when the game runs out of memory, and if he is still testing with only 1 stick in, that is distinctly possible... but the second crash box IS STILL a video driver crash, which would be unrelated to an out of memory exception.

"NiftyTester625 January 1, 2021, 11:54am 95

Looks like, the problem was with the low available memory. I noticed in the task manager that if the commited memory is going to be full than it crashes. Firstly, I increased the virtual memory by 4GB but it was not suffiecient. 16GB memory increase seems to be OK. I measured that the application needs around 10GB to start a basic flight.
Now, I am using the previously downloaded data."

Start Task Manager and play the sim. Screenshot task manager if the errors happen again.. and watch the committed memory.

ok i will try it and yes i am running the sim with all 4 sticks so plenty of memory i think..

Could be a lot of things but my search specifically found that exact error and a virtual memory fix so we will follow that for now.

So here is a pic of task manager with me flying full speed 110 fps, ok but i have just one stick in so far did not freeze but what it is doing is like every 5 secs when not using the joystick it like studders the screen for a half a second, when i use the joystick and move around the plane it gets worse the studders more often, and it did not do this with the 4 sticks it flew smooth just it was crashing. So far 8 min in it has not crashed

Attachments

• IMG_9241ff.JPG
    IMG_9241ff.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 0
So far alomst 20 min flying it has not crashed !!! And i am playing a movie all seems ok except the studdering maybe it will go away with 2 sticks in i will lanother 15 min to make sure it does not crash. I also think before when i did the one stick i think i had it in the wrong slot anyway lets see. 20 min more if crash free i will pop in stick 2..

ok so just opened netflix started a movie all 3 screens went black but i can here the movie playing for 2 min then all 3 screens came back on but flight sim crashed i have so many problems when using netflix!!!

So i put the second card in and same results after about 30 of flying she frooze for about 5 min then rebooted, so next step would be to put 4 sticks in but we allready know the results. So i installed the drivers for the onboard graphics i will now remove the gpu card and try it like that.

So no good with the on board graphics it can not even play flight sim it says graphics card not good enuff ! so back to the drawing board

I tried a few games but the on board was just not strong enuff so i am playing multiple movies and doing what i can for like an hour so far no crashes or reboots lets see what happens. Is there another way to test since i can not play any games?

1. I had a nagging random reboot issue with a kernel error 41, I swapped out all HW still would shut down video output and PC stayed powered up.
Intel rep told me XMP EZ load in BIOS is FUBAR. What I did to fix it was to manually set 3600 speed and voltage to 1.36 issue went away.
2. This is why the PC gaming industry is struggling, FS is CPU intensive and garbage in my experience. Once you purchase a game zero incentive to fix it.

1. I had a nagging random reboot issue with a kernel error 41, I swapped out all HW still would shut down video output and PC stayed powered up.
Intel rep told me XMP EZ load in BIOS is FUBAR. What I did to fix it was to manually set 3600 speed and voltage to 1.36 issue went away.
2. This is why the PC gaming industry is struggling, FS is CPU intensive and garbage in my experience. Once you purchase a game zero incentive to fix it.
Could not agree with u more !! So but see so far still i am using the onboard graphics and its like 3 or 4 hours now and not one problem, but yes i can not play flight sim with the on board graphics but even with my rtx 4090 was in and i did not use flight sim and just watched movies i was getting crashing and reboot , so it;s something to do with either the 4090 card or the nvidia drivers which i should try to uninstall and reinstall which i will try next. But if u do not mind can u explain alittle more with what u said to try to set 3600 speed ? were is that how do i get to that ? sorry i am not to good with this!! i thanks for the help

Could not agree with u more !! So but see so far still i am using the onboard graphics and its like 3 or 4 hours now and not one problem, but yes i can not play flight sim with the on board graphics but even with my rtx 4090 was in and i did not use flight sim and just watched movies i was getting crashing and reboot , so it;s something to do with either the 4090 card or the nvidia drivers which i should try to uninstall and reinstall which i will try next. But if u do not mind can u explain alittle more with what u said to try to set 3600 speed ? were is that how do i get to that ? sorry i am not to good with this!! i thanks for the help

Well, it looks like we have a good idea of what's going on - it seems to be a conflict with the card and (likely) software. Now pop in a spare drive and do a fresh Windows install on that. Install the AMD chipset drivers, and then install the nvIdid graphics card drivers. So a complete Windows Update cycle, and then, finally, install your game and Netflix. Test in that config changing NOTHING ELSE in the BIOS or hardware. if the problem is gone, you have your answer.

I just did a clean install of the nvidia drivers i used ddu in safe mode to uninstall them so i will test this now ..

I just did a clean install of the nvidia drivers i used ddu in safe mode to uninstall them so i will test this now

Fresh WINDOWS install, on an empty spare drive (or a drive that doesn't have anything you care about on it). If there is a conflict with other already-installed software, you will never find it by continually reinstalling the video driver over your existing install. You said you cloned your original drive, so just wipe and use the new drive - you can always clone it again, if necessary.

So i just cleared the cmos but u get this screen i never know what to do with it i just hit n is that right ?

Attachments

• IMG_9248.JPG
    IMG_9248.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 0
So i just cleared the cmos but u get this screen i never know what to do with it i just hit n is that right ?

'N' is fine. What it means is that the TPM module memory is getting cleaned out if you press 'Y'. Unless you are using Bitlocker Drive Encryption (and if you don't know what that is, then you're not :)) the only thing it is likely to effect is your Windows PIN if you are using one instead of a password.

It always messes me up cause it says like if u hit n then tfmp or what ever will not enable in the cpu and i am like am i going to miss some big function of the cpu if i hit n !!!

Sitting here sweating thinking about reinstalling windows. I do not know how u guys just say it so lightly lol do a fresh install lol. The thought of having to redo all my settings that i have tweaked over years to just the way u like it is giving me a panic attack!!!!! lol

Sitting here sweating thinking about reinstalling windows. I do not know how u guys just say it so lightly lol do a fresh install lol. The thought of having to redo all my settings that i have tweaked over years to just the way u like it is giving me a panic attack!!!!! lol

It used to be a much more involved and time consuming process than it is now. Believe it or not, it got a lot easier to do with Vista and has been steadily improved with each iteration since. Most software settings are stored somewhere in your user folders, and I keep mine (Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Pictures and Steam folders) on an entirely separate SSD on my system. Getting Windows to "reacquire" them is as simple as opening up the User folder for your account (it is by default a hidden icon on your desktop but there is a simple setting that makes it visible) and the folder on the data drive where your folders are. For your Windows folders, select the relevant folders from the Users folder, hit 'Cut' and then 'Paste' it over top of the existing folders on your data drive. It will ask you if it is OK to overwrite any existing files (it is) and then it's just... done.

Steam is a simple matter of installing Steam, going to Settings/Downloads and "Addiing a Steam Library" and browsing to your Steam folder on the other drive.

The handful of other settings I have to change are pretty minimal past that, and the rest of the time is spent re-installing the apps I use. I can have my computer from 0 to fully restored in a little less than 2 hours, but I have a LOT of stuff I install (I do a lot of video encoding and PDF document work, for example).

Besides... THIS is troubleshooting. If it makes no difference, your original install is still there on the original drive.

OK ready to do this i am going to do the install on my old drive its a 1tb this way i keep my drive now case of anything. so i took my drive now out and popped in the old drive alone. If u do not mind can u kind of guide me cause allready i tried to format this drive and it won't let me so what do i do? thanks

OK ready to do this i am going to do the install on my old drive its a 1tb this way i keep my drive now case of anything. so i took my drive now out and popped in the old drive alone. If u do not mind can u kind of guide me cause allready i tried to format this drive and it won't let me so what do i do? thanks

Since you are already using Windows, it's actually pretty easy. You COULD use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB stick (8G stick required) - option is 'Create Windows 11 Installation Media' from that page. Then you could tell Windows to boot off of this USB stick by going to Settings/Windows Updates/Advanced Options/Recovery/Advanced Startup. When the installer asks you for a Product Key, just tell it you don't have a key. Select the version of Windows you are using (Home or Pro) and on the next screen, select "Custom Install." Then pops up a page with all of your current partitions. Since you have removed the drive you want to save, you should be good to delete ALL of those partitions and then when they're all gone, simply hit Next. Windows will reinstall and create all new partitions for itself.

OR

You can skip almost all of that and go to Windows Update/Advanced Options/Recovery/Reset This PC and then tell it not to keep your old data (Also, do NOT do the Secure Erase or you're going to be waiting a LONG time). Windows will download the latest install resources and perform a fresh install on your existing partition scheme. This is a little less thorough than a 'fresh off of install media' installation, but this should be more than sufficient for your purpose here.

REMEMBER: If shit goes south, you haven't lost anything because you removed your current installed drive.

Since you are already using Windows, it's actually pretty easy. You COULD use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB stick (8G stick required) - option is 'Create Windows 11 Installation Media' from that page. Then you could tell Windows to boot off of this USB stick by going to Settings/Windows Updates/Advanced Options/Recovery/Advanced Startup. When the installer asks you for a Product Key, just tell it you don't have a key. Select the version of Windows you are using (Home or Pro) and on the next screen, select "Custom Install." Then pops up a page with all of your current partitions. Since you have removed the drive you want to save, you should be good to delete ALL of those partitions and then when they're all gone, simply hit Next. Windows will reinstall and create all new partitions for itself.

OR

You can skip almost all of that and go to Windows Update/Advanced Options/Recovery/Reset This PC and then tell it not to keep your old data (Also, do NOT do the Secure Erase or you're going to be waiting a LONG time). Windows will download the latest install resources and perform a fresh install on your existing partition scheme. This is a little less thorough than a 'fresh off of install media' installation, but this should be more than sufficient for your purpose here.

REMEMBER: If shit goes south, you haven't lost anything because you removed your current installed drive.
Wait lol one sec just realized though everything works perfect with this drive its only like a month ago i got the new drive so should i just update the drivers for the new hardware on here and see what happens, only thing is the reason i bought a new drive also was cause flight sim had a mandatory update and i was out of space to download it but maybe i can put the new drive in also and reinstall flight sim to that drive i am sorry dude for making u nuts i am so not good at this stuff i know your about ready to tell me to take it to microcenter !!! its funny but with this drive u start the computer and its on in 20 secs and if u reboot its so fast, the other drive takes 10 min to start up ... but everything seems fine on this drive

Please one last thing i do not understand this so when i put the old hard drive in that screen comes up before it starts about tfpm or something and i hit yes by accident so it asked for a pin but i remembered the pin ok fine.
So now i put the new drive back in and the same screen came up so i hit y again figured i know the pin but when it got to my desktop it looked like my old drive and i lost a ton of programs and all settings changed looks just like the old drive, so all i did for the last month or 2 is gone!!!! what the hell happened? can i get it back?

Please one last thing i do not understand this so when i put the old hard drive in that screen comes up before it starts about tfpm or something and i hit yes by accident so it asked for a pin but i remembered the pin ok fine.
So now i put the new drive back in and the same screen came up so i hit y again figured i know the pin but when it got to my desktop it looked like my old drive and i lost a ton of programs and all settings changed looks just like the old drive, so all i did for the last month or 2 is gone!!!! what the hell happened? can i get it back?

I'm having a really hard time understanding what you mean :(. Do you mean actual installed programs are missing? or just icons on your desktop? Installed programs should still be available on your Start Menu regardless of desktop shortcut icons.

I'm having a really hard time understanding what you mean :(. Do you mean actual installed programs are missing? or just icons on your desktop? Installed programs should still be available on your Start Menu regardless of desktop shortcut icons.
This is crazy the computer thinks its the old hard drive i went to start flight sim and it says a mandatory update but i do not have enuff space !!!! thats what it said just before i said when i had the old drive in i have 2 tb in here !!! under programs all my asus software i installed is gone it starts at c i lost everything from a to b !!!! it thinks its the old hard drive wtf is going on!!! how do i get back were i do not need to start windows with a pin code maybe it will help?

This is crazy the computer thinks its the old hard drive i went to start flight sim and it says a mandatory update but i do not have enuff space !!!! thats what it said just before i said when i had the old drive in i have 2 tb in here !!! under programs all my asus software i installed is gone it starts at c i lost everything from a to b !!!! it thinks its the old hard drive wtf is going on!!! how do i get back were i do not need to start windows with a pin code maybe it will help?

Oh. So effectively you "slept" the computer instead of turning it off when you swapped drives - this stores the system state in RAM. DO NOT shut down the PC. Just pull the power plug, wait 2 solid minutes, and boot it up again.

Oh. So effectively you "slept" the computer instead of turning it off when you swapped drives - this stores the system state in RAM. DO NOT shut down the PC. Just pull the power plug, wait 2 solid minutes, and boot it up again.
Tried it no good!! but i did shut it down when i switched drives everytime cause when i put the new drive back in the screen came up that it detected a hardware change but i pressed yes instead of no like i always do and put my pin in and it came up like my old drive and now its stuck there i did clear the cmos but did nothing !!!! i am so f ed what the hell going on!!!!

Tried it no good!! but i did shut it down when i switched drives everytime cause when i put the new drive back in the screen came up that it detected a hardware change but i pressed yes instead of no like i always do and put my pin in and it came up like my old drive and now its stuck there i did clear the cmos but did nothing !!!! i am so f ed what the hell going on!!!!

That's pretty weird. I've never run into that myself. What happens if you swap drives again?

Wait!!!!!!! lol i got it so i did not mention i had another m.2 drive in here i left in there it just had videos and pics its a 500g old one so what happen is it was defaulting start up to the other drive so i i switched the start up order!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol its all good now i am so sorry dude!! thanks for your patience with a dumb ass like me.!! I am done i give up i need coffee and a muffin and relax!! I am going to take it to this computer repair place i used before nice guy and cheap and tell him whats going on. Something must of happen when i copied drives in the first place that is causing these glitches cause with the old drive it was working perfect, so i will them the repair place figure it out.... AGAIN i can not thank u enough for your help !!!

Back