RCA 52" Widescreen HD-Ready at Best Buy

hopenova

n00b
Best Buy has a RCA 52" Widescreen HD-Ready Rear-Projection TV for sale this week for $1299.99 listed in there add, but I went into my local Best Buy yesterday and they actually had it for $1199.99. Seems like it may be a good deal. Plus they are having one of their Customer Appreciation weekend this weekend so if you received one of their 10% off coupons then it brings the price down to $1079.99. Here is the link to their site: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1055388008127&skuId=5651626&type=product&cmp= .

Does anyone know of any sites that have copies of next weeks add for Best Buy?

In a nutshell, you're going to get what you pay for. It, and a few other brands of HDTVs are cheap for a reason.

RCA makes "decent" low end products, like their smaller/regular cheap TVs are decent. In my personal researching/purchasing of my widescreen HDTV, RCA, Zenith, and Apex were not even on my consideration list.

Overall though, it depends on what you like, as far as the picture. However, before you purchase, compare the pictures (non-HD and HD) of that RCA, to a Toshiba, Sony, and Pioneer HDTV.

I was shopping for a new bedroom tv at CC the other day and they had a 27 inch Zenith HDTV right next to the regular flat screens and even during the HD part of the looping demo I couldn't tell much difference between it and the non-HD's. As the gentleman above said you usually get what you pay for...the best bet is to get a good reliable brand at the lowest possible price even if it's more than the cheaper brands.

Back