RB6 Lockdown... a Letdown

Majin

2[H]4U
It's GOD AWEFUL.
I picked it up thinking I need to see if this is any good.
I have loved the RB6 games so I have to give this a try.
Way to Kill the Franchise!
This game is so far off the mark of RB6 it's sad.

Pros
Lots of Guns
... Thats it... :(

Cons
The games looks nothing like any RB6 game visually in a bad way.
The sounds are clearly recycled from other RB6 games.
You have 1 team
No planing options
Its not tactical at all it's just run and gun.
The attachments are very limited
The AI is so AWEFUL
You team is very stupid and can't run for cover when they should.
The Lean left and right looks wrong, very poorly done
The maps are very one way, you really can't sneak up on a location.
You have GO codes... for 1 team, that you are leading.. WHY?
A Door Smashing Hammer.... WTF....
The Guns all feel the same
Sidearms have unlimited ammo...... :mad:

I could just keep going with this list tll I have picked it a part.
All I know is I am let down... BIG TIME. :(

YEP Rainbow Six is officially history after this game!!! Part that told me this is going to be gay was the no planning stage and only having one team!!!! I mean WTF!!!

There is a small sliver of hope in R6:Vegas, but it might not make it to the PC.

SuX0rz said:
There is a small sliver of hope in R6:Vegas, but it might not make it to the PC.

I thought the hope was going to be in this game as reviews said Rainbow Six is back. Yet they were wrong. I dont have any more hope for this series and will not buy another one, or less alot of people say its really good.

Bozzie said:
So, they turned Rainbow Six into an arcade game?
not really. arcade games tend to be at least somewhat fun. the more previews i read for the game, the more i was losing hope for the series, and the demo that they released for the PC was a huge letdown. i didn't even beat the level, i just uninstalled it.

Hmm... I was hoping that this game would bring back the frachise... I guess that's not happening. How sad... It seems like they rushed it instead of putting time into it, just like most games these days.

RB6 Lockdown... a Letdown

Rvs was great , lockdown is a pure pieces of SHHHHHHHH

Jesus crist its called NEW IDEA's I found the game good enough to buy it, times change you know.

Yes I have played Raven Shield and I actualy still have it.

I didn't like this one either. I wanted more of a Raven Shield type game, this feels too "doom-ish" to be a tactical shooter.

the gamer said:
Jesus crist its called NEW IDEA's I found the game good enough to buy it, times change you know.

Yes I have played Raven Shield and I actualy still have it.

I agree that games should keep introducing new idea, but there are things that are part of the franchise that shouldn't change...And new ideas should not remove the characteristics that made the game what it is. Now, how is R6:Lockdown much different then say CS with single player? R6 has always been a tactical shooter because there aren't many of them with that degree of realism. Lockdown is just like the 50 other arcade themed counterterrorism shooters.

Things that Made the RB6 games what they are:

- Multiple teams, 3 or 4 teams of 3 or 4 members. This allowed you to create amazing multiple breach raids on a location.
- The Planing Stage, you could look over the map and learn where you are going to run into heat. You could set up how your team was going to complete the objective and change around a tactic if needed.
- It was Tactical, You had to make sure that you had the needed gear and guns for that location, otherwise it would be much harder or you might even fail.
- The Story, every RB6 game had a great story, Rvs did have a few stupid maps, but over all the story made the maps have more purpose.

Lockdown has taken all of the above and much more and thrown it out the window, whats left is a POS. This game is SAD, its nothing like what RB6 is suspose to be, its CS with a team.

I will never buy another RB6 game!

Will Vegas be another Lockdown Run and Gun or is it going to be Raven Shield, Tactical?

Majin said:
Will Vegas be another Lockdown Run and Gun or is it going to be Raven Shield, Tactical?
Dont know sorry, all I know about it is that its coming to PC, Xbox, Xbox360 , PS2 and PS3.

*Edit* Read This More Tactical like Raven Shield.

By the way theres another Rainbow Six Game, Rainbow Six: Critical Hour, which revisit's missions and updates the graphics from the original game and Rogue Spear.

When I finished the Lockdown demo, I was thinking to myself "What's the difference between this and Counter-strike?" As much of a Rainbow Six fan that I am, I can safely say that I will be passing this up. There's just no sense whatsoever for changing the gameplay around that much, especially considering the whole tactical aspect of planning and multiple teams and such made Rainbow Six what it is today.

What about Rainbow Six Vegas?

I will admit that it looks good but that's about it so far. If it reverts back to Raven Shield-style gameplay then I will be all over it. Otherwise, most likely not.

By the way theres another Rainbow Six Game, Rainbow Six: Critical Hour, which revisit's missions and updates the graphics from the original game and Rogue Spear.

Now this sounds more like it. I really enjoyed revisiting missions from the first two games in Athena Sword and Iron Wraith.

I didn't see anyone mention how linear this game is. At least with the past games you had one mission but 50 different ways to do it. Lockdown is an appropriate title, they might as well have a neon arrow painted on the ground telling you where to go.

I like when my character falls in the older titles you switch to another team member. This one you have to start back at your last save, if I remember correctly the only saves for the other titles were after the mission was over.

I didn't buy the game but I was fortunate (cause I didn't waste any money) to play the first level at a buddies house. I played a little multiplayer and said no freaking way.

If UBI doesn't stop using StarForce, then I guess I won't get to play any more Tom Clancy games. I really wanted to play SC:CT since I played all the others, but I don't want StarForce infecting my computer.

Sgt Hobo said:
Now this sounds more like it. I really enjoyed revisiting missions from the first two games in Athena Sword and Iron Wraith.
Here's Rainbow Six Critical Hours Developers Dairy Here

Rainbow Sic Critical Hour Features Here

Rainbow Six Critical Hour Q&A Here

Rainbow Six Critical Hour is ment to be release sometime around March 14, 2006 for Xbox, PS2 only.

Image take from http://www.IGN.com

More Rainbow Six: 5 (PC working title) Info

Also Rainbow Six :5 (PC working title) is ment to have Mission Builder, Multi Teams you can command etc etc.

RS6 5 (PC Working title) Requested Feature's from fans

Rainbow Six: 5 is the next PC version after Lockdown.

Rainbow Six Vegas is for Next Gen Consoles Only.

the gamer said:
Here's Rainbow Six Critical Hours Developers Dairy Here

Rainbow Sic Critical Hour Features Here

Rainbow Six Critical Hour Q&A Here

Rainbow Six Critical Hour is ment to be release sometime around March 14, 2006 for Xbox, PS2 only.

Image take from http://www.IGN.com

More Rainbow Six: 5 (PC working title) Info

Also Rainbow Six :5 (PC working title) is ment to have Mission Builder, Multi Teams you can command etc etc.

RS6 5 (PC Working title) Requested Feature's from fans

Rainbow Six: 5 is the next PC version after Lockdown.

Looks hopeful, but we will see if it brings back the R6 magic.

Well crap.

There we go. :D Thanks. I think you've restored my hope for this series.

Well, Ghost Recon is coming for the PC.. hopefully... by June or so.

please please please

Its sounds like its going back to Raven Shield style.

Majin sorry for that first post I posted I can see what you mean now I watched a Video Review of it again, plus I had a bad day back then.

:D That's cool The Gamer.

Well all I know is Lockdown is not a RB6 game. Lets hope RB6 5 will be the salvation of this failing series!

Corporal79 said:
Rogue Spear was my all time favorite of the series, it had the best map ever KOSOVO!!!

That was such a classic level. It makes me want to go play it again...

cfetter79 said:
Well, Ghost Recon is coming for the PC.. hopefully... by June or so.

please please please

Gamestop says that the PC version will ship 3/28

Back