Razer Mamba Refurb $59.99 \ Orochi Refurb $34.99

Katalysis

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
Mamba battery dies quick. And with no backup battery you'll be spending half your time wired in. Is why I switched to a G700 (although the G700 had much bigger problems.. so I use a G5 now) with easily swappable batteries.

In for one of the Mamba's... I purchased a Sidewinder 8x a few months ago and went back to my trusty Copperhead after about a week. I think I will stick with Razer when it comes to mice. Thanks OP.

Mamba battery dies quick. And with no backup battery you'll be spending half your time wired in. Is why I switched to a G700 (although the G700 had much bigger problems.. so I use a G5 now) with easily swappable batteries.

According to what I have heard, I believe they fixed the quick battery drain with a firmware revision.

Would love one if they had those side buttons on the right side so I could use my thumb. Ugh...not many left handed mice out there

Does this mouse charge via USB or is there an AC outlet required?
How large is this mouse?
I have an older MX Laser that's about to bite the dust & am looking for something around that same size or larger. I've considered the R.A.T. 7 & the G9x (since i'd get 20% off if I send my old one in), but I haven't seen a G9x in person so i'm unsure as to its' size.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Does this mouse charge via USB or is there an AC outlet required?
How large is this mouse?
I have an older MX Laser that's about to bite the dust & am looking for something around that same size or larger. I've considered the R.A.T. 7 & the G9x (since i'd get 20% off if I send my old one in), but I haven't seen a G9x in person so i'm unsure as to its' size.
Thanks.

Since I don't have it yet, I'm not sure on the size, but here's a good picture:
Size-Comparison.png

As for charging, it has a USB charging stand it it sits on, and I assume it can also recharge via the USB cable when you aren't using it wirelessly. Some good pictures on here (amidst some Mac-tard ranting)-- http://headsetchatter.com/blog/2009/05/razer-mamba-review/

I still have no desire to change from my G9, but this is a pretty good deal.

upgrading from a old razer mac edition thingy, been using my old razer for 5 years now, still running strong! just kinda dirty and I thought it might be time for an upgrade ;)

In for one always wanted to try one. It may be cool I have the RAT 7 now it's ok but I'm interested in this mouse.

I switched to a G700 after some time with a mamba and havent looked back. G700 has two more buttons, takes normal AA batteries (I use sanyo enloop seem to last longer, or just a regular battery if you don't want to change it for over a week).

I think I have more precise movement with it and enjoy the button placement more, but thats just me.

I would say give both of them a try and see which fits your hand more / which fits your play-style more.

good deal here guys! i used to own the mamba and i loved it! however, i like my g9x too much to part with it and i cannot justify having 2 gaming mice.

The Mamba is excellent on white surfaces. Battery life is plenty if using lower DPI, but not sure on refurbs.

Not sure how much you are using it a day, but I think I've had the Mamba battery run out on me once ever, and that was at a LAN party or something where we were gaming fairly continuously for 12+ hours. The Mamba battery is not that difficult to swap, either, but the nice thing about it is you can just plug it in and it charges while you use it wired.

That said, I don't ever have to use it wired because the battery life is fine. I put it on the charging dock each night after I'm done using the computer.

I think I got mine used a while back for about $80 from a [H] member in FS/FT and it was totally worth it, and continues to be. It's a steal at this price.

I ordered last weekend and it hasn't shipped yet

woot always takes so long to ship things out

So I'm debating a g700 (I think it's but ugly), or the mamba.
Since battery life seems to be an issue, and I'd like to have one mouse not two...

For those that have used either of these mice, when you have the charge cable plugged in, is the charge cable as flexible as standard gaming mice, or is it stiff like a typical usb cable?

I'm debating this, currently I have way to many mice.
I have a g9, which i like, except that since it's surface is not consistent b/c of the interchangeable grips.
I have a g500, which frankly I find to be a bit to large, and then uncomfortable for extended use.
I have a Performance MX, which is great except... it sucks for gaming.
I have a deathadder, which is wonderful, except it doesn't have adjustable dpi that is easy to access on the fly, my mother fell in love with the mouse.. and I haven't seen it in over a year.

Honestly, I would just love a wired death adder with adjustable dpi. :0

So I'm debating a g700 (I think it's but ugly), or the mamba.
Since battery life seems to be an issue, and I'd like to have one mouse not two...

For those that have used either of these mice, when you have the charge cable plugged in, is the charge cable as flexible as standard gaming mice, or is it stiff like a typical usb cable?

Honestly, I would just love a wired death adder with adjustable dpi. :0

The cable on the Mamba is fine. It is fairly flexible, might be a little stiff when you first get it but it will loosen up. The cable seems to be covered in a mesh-like covering rather than rubber, so it seems more flexible than a standard USB. Also, technically you can use any mini-to-USB cable with it, though the stock one has a specially-shaped connector at one end to hold the cable in the mouse better.

It sounds like you are wanting the Mamba. It is pretty much the exact same size/shape as the Death Adder (I have owned and used both) and has adjustable DPI on the fly via the two buttons next to the left-click. You can use it wired or wireless, and hot swap between them no problem.

The mamba is the best mouse I've ever owned. For me, Logitech mice just don't feel right...

Just got in for a mamba at sellout.woot thanks!

They are taking their sweet timing shipping these mambas out.. Anyone get a shipping confirmation?

Woot! I got my Mamba today ordered it on the 8th no shipping notice it just showed up.. Fantastic feel I am shocked currently using the RAT 7 but I think the Mamba just won the mouse competition.. Just amazing feel the RAT buttons are a little stiff unlike the Mamba and it's ergonomically amazing I should have always had a Razer what in the hell was I thinking?

Woot! I got my Mamba today ordered it on the 8th no shipping notice it just showed up.. Fantastic feel I am shocked currently using the RAT 7 but I think the Mamba just won the mouse competition.. Just amazing feel the RAT buttons are a little stiff unlike the Mamba and it's ergonomically amazing I should have always had a Razer what in the hell was I thinking?

This gives me some hope...

Well, I just got mine. Wish I was having the same experiences you guys were but...

This thing is beat to shit. Scratches all over the whole god damned thing, even the sides of the base. (how the hell do you scratch the sides of the base!?) It's like they didn't even try to wipe the thing off either. It's in bad condition if it was used, let alone refurbished. I have mice I have used for years that would never look as bad as thing thing does. The surface of the mouse looks like Edward Scissorhands was playing Diablo 2 marathons with it.

Now I'm worried. Mine's in the mail, shows up tomorrow. I hope it doesn't look like that....

I am going to see if Razer will do anything about this or if I have to return it to Woot. I have not even tried to see if it works, and i probably won't give the condition it is in.

Back