Rayman Legends

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
PC release in a short few days, September 3rd. And it's going to be available on Steam!

Is anyone else as excited for this game as I am? I loved Origins.

Yup Origins was a great platformer - fun, difficult, very well made. I'll probably wait for a steam sale, but I'll definitely purchase it.

Yup Origins was a great platformer - fun, difficult, very well made. I'll probably wait for a steam sale, but I'll definitely purchase it.

It maaay be a day one purchase for me as I've been greatly anticipating this game for a long time now. The reviews have been 95% positive so far that I've seen for the Wii/360/PS3 versions thus far. I took a while for Origins to go on sale if I remember correctly. I'm glad this game isn't a $59.99 release but rather $39.99. It's been a while since I splurged on a game.

Anyone else able to play already on PC? Girlfriend and I have been playing it on uplay for last two hour even though it claims its still locked until sept 3.

Has anyone been playing this? I'm pissed because the night before the release the HDMI port on my video card took a shit.

I picked it up. It's kind of a twisted story how I ended up buying it. I was reading this "The Wii U is dead" thread in the console section and someone mentioned it as a good title on the Wii U. Ok, not buying myself a Wii U, but for some reason I remembered it for a little while. A day or so later I was looking around on Steam for a platformer after playing the BroForce demo and ran across Rayman Legends. I remembered the name so I had a look at it and noticed there was a demo. Installed the demo and, well, actually liked it. So I bought the full version. Enjoying it so far.

I played a bit of the Wii U version at Best Buy. I think I like the PC version better. On the Wii U you have to control Murfy with the fancy controller in parts of the game and your character just kind of follows along automatically. On the PC you have to control both at once, though Murfy is just 3 buttons/keys. I didn't play a lot of the demo, but it seems like the PC version is more challenging.

Technical notes:
1. Mostly works in surround. I tried it at 7680x1440. The only problem is the game doesn't keep your character on the middle screen so you have to turn your head a lot. That got annoying quickly so I went back to one screen.
2. A 360 controller really helps. I couldn't get past the first jump in the last level of the demo (Castle Rock) without one. With a controller it was easy.
3. Runs great on my laptop with Radeon 7690M graphics (rebadged 6770M) at 1080p, so I use that to play on my TV. System requirements aren't totally nil though- needs Intel HD4000 or better IIRC. There are no graphics adjustments in the game, so if it doesn't run well all you can do is decrease resolution.
4. Save system is quite irritating. It won't let you have more than one game going at a time. Not a big deal for me, but would suck if you have kids sharing a computer. $40 on Steam but if you have kids and a console you might be better off spending a bit more on the console version. I'm not sure on that though since I haven't checked out how they handle saved games.
5. Requires Ubisoft Uplay. It's awful. Damned thing spends a couple minutes checking for updates every time it starts up. I bought it on Steam but I still have to load Uplay.

I bought it for the Wii U the other day @ $40 shipped from amazon w/ prime. It hasn't arrived yet but I've played the demo on the system at home. I read that the Murphy sections are much more involved later in the game on the Wii U compared to the PC/360/etc. versions, so that's what tilted the scales for me particularly since it was originally going to be a Wii U exclusive early on in the system's life.

So its a great game. But you aren't willing to support it? And want to get it for a dime. And EA says steam doesn't devalue the value of games.

Rayman FTW! I love origins I still think the best Rayman were the two on the dreamcast.

Back