Random shutdowns.. with a twist

Entropy

Gawd
my computer has just been turnin off recently (started today)... except its not a normal reboot due to overclocking and whatnot.. everything on my surge bar turns off.. speakers, monitor... cell phone charger.. everything. This normally means there is an extra load on teh surge bar right? It's been runnin fine for months.. so is it odd that it just started like this?

That does seem rather odd, easiest way to check though would be to either try a different surge bar/protector. Also, try moving some peripherals like monitor and speakers to a completely different outlet, possibly gonna need an extension cord and another surge bar. If that doesn't fix it, then possibly something wrong with the wiring in the wall. But ya, as you said, if everything on the one power strip shuts off at once, then that is most likely the problem. If its a generic surge protector, then it could just be showing its cheapness and age and starting to fail. You should get the problem fixed though before it causes any damage to your electronics.

I moved them over to another surge protector I had and I've been runnin great for a couple of hours.. so hopefuly it works!

Back