ram voltage

jetfire

Limp Gawd
i have a tyan s7010 mobo and when i had it it came with 12gb of ram 6 sticks and it is ocz gold 2gb at 1.65v.

now it works and passed mem tests but the mobo ram voltage is 1.5v and the ram in it was 1.65v can this do any damage to the mobo psu bios?

http://www.tyan.com/product_SKU_spec.aspx?ProductType=MB&pid=633&SKU=600000023

i bought this kit and put it in with the rest and it works but not sure if i should leave it in there.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/12gb...6-(1333)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-150v

i have now put the corsair ram in the ocz slots for just 12gb of the corsair and it seems to post faster and get in to win 7 faster.

also the ocz has one stick that is not the same as the rest as its pcb is green and the rest are black.

i keep getting a random crash/freeze for some reason after a bios error but i set it back to what it was and keep getting this crash/freeze when it is first powered on but after a restart its fine and don't do it so not sure where to look for what is wrong as it does it say 5 days of of 7.:confused:

passed mem tests but the mobo ram voltage is 1.5v and the ram in it was 1.65v can this do any damage to the mobo psu bios?

1.5V is the standard DDR3 voltage. 1.65 V was for dimms that could not meet the standard or were overclocked. Also on lga1366 1.65V was the maximum safe voltage for the processor without having to tweak processor voltages into non standard values. 1.5 V ram is totally acceptable. I use 1.5V DDR3 in all of my systems at home and work it will not hurt anything.

1.5V is the standard DDR3 voltage. 1.65 V was for dimms that could not meet the standard or were overclocked. Also on lga1366 1.65V was the maximum safe voltage for the processor without having to tweak processor voltages into non standard values. 1.5 V ram is totally acceptable. I use 1.5V DDR3 in all of my systems at home and work it will not hurt anything.

well it crashes with either ram installed so i guess its not that causing the crashing so will put it all back in.

passed mem tests

Did you run memtest86+ for at least 1 day? I recommend running it for a weekend if possible. Or you can also run hci memtest (multiple instances so you get close to 100% coverage) while windows is running. hci usually finds problems a lot faster then memtest86+ I think this is is because some signaling problems happen when the system is under load.

that's the thing i have run all the tests cpu ram ect for hours when it has been restarted and they can find nothing wrong with it.

its only been doing it since i had a bios error and redone the settings my system builder gave me and now get this crash for no reason.

ill go through the bios again and make sure its as it was but don't get why it will crash on first start up and then be fine after a restart.

also when it is up and running i can shut it down and restart it and no crash:confused:

i think there is an event log in the bios but cant remember how to get to it.

i found the bmc event log and just shows its pissed about the fan sensors not being used for the cpus and the other is voltage where i turn it of and on when it crashed.

Back