RAM fans decreased temperatures by almost 15C degrees

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
Busted out my good ol' trusty Corsair Dominator GT RAM cooling fan and it decreased the temp by a minimum of 10 to max of 15 degrees. This is in a case with already good airflow with 22 fans the HAF700. Yea it doesn't look as smooooovve as bare rgb lights but the results are astonishing.
I used to
Idle at 41 and a few degrees higher under load
Now it idles at 27C and hits 31 under load. Amazing results and they are quiet also.
Cheers and happy overclocking 👍😁
IMG_20240204_132621442_PORTRAIT.jpg

Busted out my good ol' trusty Corsair Dominator GT RAM cooling fan and it decreased the temp by a minimum of 10 to max of 15 degrees. This is in a case with already good airflow with 22 fans the HAF700. I used to
Idle at 41 and a few degrees higher under load
Now it idles at 27C and hits 31 under load. Amazing results and they are quiet also.
Cheers and happy overclocking 👍😁
View attachment 632693
Are you suggesting that sending air across a component will lower it's temperature?

Are you suggesting that sending air across a component will lower it's temperature?
No, you already knew that.

I'm suggesting that a RAM fan can dramatically decrease ram temps by more than you might expect in a case that already has 22 airflow fans.

It's a documentation of HOW MANY DEGREES it can decrease it by, not if it can lower it's temperature.

May you be enlightened all mighty know it all :p

No, you already knew that.

I'm suggesting that a RAM fan can dramatically decrease ram temps by more than you might expect in a case that already has 22 airflow fans.

It's a documentation of HOW MANY DEGREES it can decrease it by, not if it can lower it's temperature.

May you be enlightened all mighty know it all :p
It's all good, my friend, i was just messing with you.

only reason to do this is to push them harder. did you?

I plan on it. The information is hard to obtain with all the variables involved. Most people don't help when you ask for information and only talk about the Apex at 8000MHz. Tuning other boards
with different ram isn't readily available unless you can find it.

I have made a thread on this forum i think and other forums like overclock.net and noone says jack shit. They just talk about the Apex for 8000Mhz epeen size purpose. I don't even prefer Asus, I've always like Gigabyte boards better.

You ever see a buildzoid video? He always had a fan hitting the ram.
Yes, but lord have mercy he bullshits so much. He doesn't give you the information straight up. You have to endure 35 mins of sifting through the video to accumulate the useful information.
Then transitioning that information into your bios and trying it would be a chore. In some ways just buying an Apex board and TeamGroup 8000 ram is an easier choice believe it or not because everyone is talking about it. Having a more normal build that 95% of all users have isn't talked about. Just the top 5% of the highest end and they are doing it for for the wrong reasons to flaunt it online meaninglessly for fun.
I actually want to squeeze the most out of my setup because I intend to keep it for as long as I can, so I don't need to deal with upgrading. I play at 4k high frame rate so Overclocking actually helps me in game for my 1% low purposefully.

What do you guys think? I think it looks better this way because it doesn't block the RGB fans. I used double sided Velcro to stick it to the top of the Vectors backplate. It was bothering me that the RAM RGB was covered. Like this it actually blasts air over more of the board as well as the ram.
IMG_20240303_113308703.jpg

What do you guys think? I think it looks better this way because it doesn't block the RGB fans. I used double sided Velcro to stick it to the top of the Vectors backplate. It was bothering me that the RAM RGB was covered. Like this it actually blasts air over more of the board as well as the ram.

I busted out my old ram cooler just like it when I was trying for 8000 stable on my 13900K, but I ended up getting one of those flexi stick things that can screw into a standard thread case hole that holds a 120mm fan and you can bend it to where you want it. Now I don't even bother on my AMD build with the RAM at 7200, it doesn't go over 50C anyways.

Back