Rainbow Six Series - Any news?

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Seems like it's been a while since Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was released, and it's still one of my favourite shooters for the 360. In the age of sequels that we live in I find it odd they haven't announced a new Rainbow Six title. Has anyone heard or read anything?

Yes there is a new RS game in development that is going to be much more tactical than we've seen recently.

Link

Thanks for the link, that looks promising. I wouldn't mind a shift back to the more tactical Rainbow Six games of the early days.

Thanks for the link, that looks promising. I wouldn't mind a shift back to the more tactical Rainbow Six games of the early days.

Won't ever happen. That magic of those games is long lost. They don't seem very interested in anything but a mix of COD/BF.

While certainly a departure from the old Rainbow Six games, the Vegas games are argubaly the best cover-based shooters around. The set-piece battles in the campaign were challenging and intense, and I've played countless hours of Terrorist Hunt in co-op in both games on both the 360 and PC.

I'm definitely looking forward to another game in the series, despite how glitchy Ubisoft's Tom Clancy games are, especially on PC.

I thought I remember reading that the controls are similar to Splinter Cell Conviction.

That intrigues me greatly.

Won't be based in Vegas, thats for sure. I enjoyed both Vegas games on my 360, especially mutliplayer with my friends. Beyond that, i've never had interest in the series on PC, too technical to be fun IMO.

I played Vegas 1 on 360 then eventually picked it and Vegas 2 up for PC. Much better on PC.

Back