Raid settings missing from Strix 790 motherboard bios

guavaball

Extremely [H]
I'm using nothing but nvmes in my new systerm.

2 980 2tb

1 970 1b

I want to raid 0 the 2 980s but the raid settings are not in the bios.

What I see:

1694979970757.png

What asus' instructions say I should see:

1694980012763.png

I'm on the latest bios, even went back a version when they weren't there and still can't find them.

I tried cheating by installing windows on the 970 and creating a raid in windows for the 980s and that worked, even let me install windows but the minute it was done and rebooted I get the error code 0xc000000e

Tried the install twice with different OS usb setups same result. Individually bios sees them but not the raid.

I am totally out of ideas.

Tun it on. Restart into Bios for possible submenues to pop up.
That´s how it usually goes.

After a restart it usually is in the same tab as the PCH storage controller. At the bottom somewhere.

Good Luck!

(If anything else fails do that step via the rst software itself maybe?)

Last edited:
Tun it on. Restart into Bios for possible submenues to pop up.
That´s how it usually goes.

After a restart is usually is in the same tab as the PCH storage controller. At the bottom somewhere.

Good Luck!

(If anything else fails do that step via the rst software itself maybe?)

Thanks. I did figure it out but its a little embarassing.

Because I created a raid 0 in windows until I deleted it, the drives were never going to show up in RST.

The trick is to install that stupid Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from the driver's page and you can only do that from an OS on the computer so to get raid working you literally have to install windows on a drive, install RST, reboot into Bios, turn on Intel rapid storage from the EZ mode bios main screen then go back to Advanced mode to the Advanced menu then scroll all the way to the bottom and Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology will be a menu selection. From there you will see your drives to create the raid.

Its been years since I used a bios Raid but I never remember having to install drivers from an OS just to get it to show up in Bios.

But at any rate, it finally worked and thanks for replying.

First question I have is why do you want raid 0 NVMe's - are you doing very large file video editing work or?

Back