RagE Theater

Wow.

Nicely done. :)

Although, I would think a good HTPC would replace all the set-top boxes.

The speaker set-up took me and one of my guys from the shop around 10 hours. A good portion of that was me crawling around on my belly in insulation in the attic pulling cables - I'm never going up there again.

The cabling behind the rack was done three times as I made changes. About 6-8 hours each time (including beer breaks, of course). It is finally all to my spec now, which is why I am finally showing pics

Heh, you know my pain. I do custom home theater installations, and know ALL ABOUT insulation, face first in a foot and a half of blown fiberglass is enough to make anyone in my field rethink our career choices. Anyhow, wonderful job on the speaker wiring. I would suggest however changing out ALL of your cabling, I know you said acoustic research is a bit over the top for you, but the pro 2 series from them is near broadcast quality, quad shielded with silver plating on all oxygen free solid copper conductors, your probably not having any problem now, but if it was me I'd like the extra reassurance of knowing having those cables tied together with power cords isnt effecting anything for sure. Besides, they dont charge what Monstercrap charges, so its not too bad. Either way, very nice installation, I dont know many people that are willing and or capable of doing such a clean job.

Rage, Sweet setup man! I was wondering though, where did you order the bezels for the XBOX 360 and other units from? I'm talking about those steel plates that go around the outside edge.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if i missed it!

Damn that is nice, I'd like to suggest that you look into the black Zalman HD160, HD160XT, or the OriganAE versions, it would match up perfectly with your theater.

Holy crap that is uber sweet. You get 1 million uber points for that....I think for having such a sweet setup that is like an uber point generator. 1 million uber points a day.

Wow.....

For your server, what kinda cost are you looking to build that?

I just read through this, and since I notice there hasn't been an update in a while I have to ask, has anything new been added or changed in this setup since the last posts?

50% neglect and 50% stupidity crashed the server and lost me 3T of data. I rebuilt it again this time so it could be easily repaired in event of hard drive failure:

newservr68.jpg

newservr92.jpg

newservr104.jpg

newservr110.jpg

Details starting on page 22 of this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=714871

Do you have a link that gives specs for each device you have it there
i am planing to build one but not as big as yours just as gift to my friend.
Thanks

The links are all in the first post.

You may be in for a bit of sticker shock. This is not exactly a design for the budget minded.

Where you get those cabinets? And entertainment center? And what kind are they?:D:rolleyes: Everything goes great with eachother, espically the tv! It looks nice.

Where you get those cabinets? And entertainment center? And what kind are they?:D:rolleyes: Everything goes great with eachother, espically the tv! It looks nice.

They are made by a Quebec company called Laurier. They don't seem to have these exact styles anymore but some similar stuff. I bought them locally

Back