Radiators - 80mm Vs 120mm

Broon

n00b
I was just looking at radiators for my new water cooling set up and just wanted to know if there would be much differance between the "Danger Den Black Ice Micro Dual 80mm" and the "Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm"?

any thoughts?

120 mm fans push much more air at slower speeds and quieter. I run my dual 120mm evercools at 7v and while not silent, theyre quiet (even for sitting on top of my case) and blow a lot of air.

Thanks, i thought that might be the case, just wanted to double check

I don't remember the wattage numbers off the top of my head, but the BIXII is able to remove a lot more heat.

also consider this think of the rad as a heatsink if your rad is the same size as the heatsink on the cpu now what good is it gonna do ya?

Between those two the performance increase is huge. Just look at the area of fins you're blowing over. As said above, you also have the benefit of using larger fans at slower RPMs meaning a lot quieter. There are numbers on DangerDen's web site that say exactly how different the heat dissipation is.

We all knows by now larger fans is quieter and move more air, If your case fit 120mm fans , one that has 2300/2500rpm and buy a fan controller and U are set...have fun dude.

Back