Radeon HD 6950 OC Upgrade

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
I own a MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 2048MB graphics card which I purchased in June 2011. I am thinking about upgrading and would like to hear single card suggestions.

I am in the UK and would prefer NVIDIA (but would happily go with ATI if there is a good deal going on) I don't really want to spend more than £300 if I can help it but the upgrade has to be a noticeable improvement or it's not worth it. I game at 1920x1200 and my PC specs are in my signature. I would like to see my frame rate improve on Guild Wars 2 and be able to use the "supersample" renderer (instead of native). I get ok fps in game but some areas like Lions Arch, I get into the low 20's. I don't want to overclock this card too much (if at all) and I would prefer the factory oc editions if possible. Or is it worth waiting? I can wait if new cards are coming around the corner. I would appreciate some suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Has anyone here gone from a 6950 2GB OC to a GTX670? Are there any new cards coming out soon?

Has anyone here gone from a 6950 2GB OC to a GTX670? Are there any new cards coming out soon?

Speculation on the new HD 8000 series being released this year. Nothing concrete on that and if it was the case I think we would be seeing a lot more rumors by now. Anything is possible though.

Not sure why, but Nvidia cards are a lot more expensive over in the UK compared to the US in terms of how they are priced verse AMD cards. With that you can get a 7970 for £300 or a 7950 for £240. GTX 670s seem to be around £300. Personally if you want to spend the most go for the 7970 or to save a bit settle on the 7950.

Back