quitting another mmo and its not burnout

c@Nc3r

Limp Gawd
I'm quitting another mmo that I invested over year into. Its not because I got mmo burnout and need a break. Its because I am tired of the stupid shit changes the developer has done that just makes the game unfun for me. It seems like every mmo I really like and get into the developer turns retarded and wrecks the game. I'm kind of wondering how many other people have quit an mmo not because they needed a break but because the developers broke it.

Thanks for your rant.

I'll forward this to the company that you didn't list, for the MMO you didn't list, so that the
responsible people, that you didn't list, will have the opportunity to give a fuck.

Signed

The Internet

Thanks for your rant.

I'll forward this to the company that you didn't list, for the MMO you didn't list, so that the
responsible people, that you didn't list, will have the opportunity to give a fuck.

Signed

The Internet

LMFAO dem interwebs

All jokes aside dude basically every mom I ever played I ended up quitting due to devs destroying it. They all just implode, I think as of now I'm just going to play different game types and everquest next may be my final hope

I'm quitting another mmo that I invested over year into. Its not because I got mmo burnout and need a break. Its because I am tired of the stupid shit changes the developer has done that just makes the game unfun for me. It seems like every mmo I really like and get into the developer turns retarded and wrecks the game. I'm kind of wondering how many other people have quit an mmo not because they needed a break but because the developers broke it.

At least give some details........

SWG NGE - read about it.. then you'll restart that MMO you just quit because you'll realize that no other MMO change comes close to what SWG NGE did..

LMFAO dem interwebs

All jokes aside dude basically every mom I ever played I ended up quitting due to devs destroying it. They all just implode, I think as of now I'm just going to play different game types and everquest next may be my final hope

I guess you've played a lot of moms.

Thanks for your rant.

Signed

The Internet

I bet the epeen feels functional today

it's not just MMO's, if you look at any game now they try to make it cater to the casual crowd so they can get a bigger player base. Most of those people don't like using whatever part of their brain they have left.

I would rather be the "casual" crowd than the "no life" crowd in MMOs, which is currently the only two choices available in that dysfunctional genre. I have been waiting a decade for someone in the MMO industry to offer something truly innovative to match non-MMO MP/SP games.

I stopped eating a certain food today and its not burnout

Wanna guess? Yes? No? Yes? Maybe? Need a hint? Alright, its string beans

FFXI was my last. Yes, the devs ruined it. I'm really glad they did because now I have time to do regular things like grocery shop and laundry. My wife tried to get me to play the new Final Fantasy MMO and I think I'd rather eat my computer with a spoon.

I purposefully left out the game title because it doesn't really matter. Its more about all the MMOs that turn to shit that start off as great ideas. I don't understand why its so damn hard for these companies to stick with what they started with. I've seen many of them do complete 180s to try to get more money. I just don't understand why so many companies are still doing the same mistakes as SWG. They don't seem quite as bad on the surface but they pretty much do the same thing. Change the game into a different game focused on different types of people than they originally focused on at launch and they don't create new content unless its some retarded thing that no one asked for. Its weird its like the people who come up with the idea and then create the game leave after 6 months and the corporate stooges come in to see how much they can milk out of it before it dies. I honestly don't think any of them have plans to go past the 1 year mark. I also am starting to think that they purposefully want MMO games to die off early. They make most of the money in the first 6 months after release and then they slowly lose players. I think the new corporate meta is going to be, get that money then kill it off ASAP. Pushing it closer to the annual clone games from EA and Activision. Since they know they can't be WoW they don't even want to try.

It's the fools who pay the money to get into these games that are at fault. If no one bought drugs from the dealer on the street, there would no longer be a dealer on the street.

Businesses are there to make money from the suckers who will give it to them, and if a WoW-clone will bring in an extra million next year, make it so.

I agree Dark Shade its just lame that they advertise the crack you are looking for and give you a taste and you are hooked. Then one day for no reason at all the guy says he's out of the crack business and is switching to selling heroine. I want my fix but I don't want just any fix. :p

Invested? You invest in to things that you expect a return from. Like real estate, or stocks. You have not invested, you have sunk, you sunk money and time in it, just like putting an exahust or euro taillights on your car, you have spent time and money in to something which will have zero or negative return. That may be the reason why you have quit.

The return I was expecting was continued enjoyment and entertainment. An investment does not need to return a monetary reward. Just because you do not find anything other than money as an acceptable reward for your investments does not mean others feel the same.

edit - If I put money into my car I would not find it a wasted investment either, just because it doesn't put money in my pocket tomorrow. Maybe the sound or the look makes me happy. Investing in happiness can be one of the best investments anyone can make. It just takes knowing what makes you personally happy. For some that is making their bank account larger for others sometimes its much simpler. Like investing time to go to that corner store to buy something you don't need just to see that one persons smile. I'm sorry if you need to put a dollar sign on everything but I do not feel the same.

Last edited:
well the players have changed a lot over the years. The devs in their wisdom decide to make it new, fresh, and better.
so they just change all the rules, make all the classes the same so they don't tell mom the game is unfair, and nerf certain classes out of the game.
yep that will draw new money (er players).
wait I know lets make everything super easy to get so no one feels left out.
yep new money is always good.

its the same in every mmo and it is not going to change.

Wow...no one used the "Can I haz your stuffs?" phrase yet. Nice show of restraint. :)

Lord of the Rings online has been driven into the ground real good and I will probably not even make it through the storyline. Shame, really. Looked pretty, great lore, good story at least in the first half.

I will only jump on new games if the company looks actually nice and there seems to be some control on part of the player base.

I fall on both sides of the fence on this one, Planetside2 goes through changes and tweaks constantly, but the game stays fresh yet the changes are not cataclysmic and the development staff is really tuned into the user community. I also play vanilla wow, because it is locked down. You know what to expect

I would say this probably all boils down to perspective. Anyone going into an MMO or MOM expecting the game to "not change" is really not being realistic. The amount of changes are the perspective based issues. I have seen loads of people quit MMO's because an over powered skill was "nerfed" or brought inline and they thought the world was ending and the dev's hated their class. Then I have been around for the SWG issues, which we know did warrant an exodus due to the dev's re-imagining of the game.

I purposefully left out the game title because it doesn't really matter. Its more about all the MMOs that turn to shit that start off as great ideas.

Could be worse, you could be a Developer taking a really nice name, *ahem* (Elder Scrolls) and turning that into a steaming dog turd of an MMO covered in pig vomit. At least they are starting with crap. Now they can attempt to spray paint it gold and try to sell it to me as gold.

well the players have changed a lot over the years. The devs in their wisdom decide to make it new, fresh, and better.
so they just change all the rules, make all the classes the same so they don't tell mom the game is unfair, and nerf certain classes out of the game.
yep that will draw new money (er players).
wait I know lets make everything super easy to get so no one feels left out.
yep new money is always good.

its the same in every mmo and it is not going to change.

I agree with you, that does seem to be the trend. I just wish they would take notes from the Eve team. Eve doesn't do that and it gets more subs every year.

I would say this probably all boils down to perspective. Anyone going into an MMO or MOM expecting the game to "not change" is really not being realistic. The amount of changes are the perspective based issues. I have seen loads of people quit MMO's because an over powered skill was "nerfed" or brought inline and they thought the world was ending and the dev's hated their class. Then I have been around for the SWG issues, which we know did warrant an exodus due to the dev's re-imagining of the game.

I understand nerfs and buffs are part of the game. Even though I may not like all of those types of changes I can still live with them. The changes that have gotten me is actual changes in design philosophies like what happened in SWG.

Could be worse, you could be a Developer taking a really nice name, *ahem* (Elder Scrolls) and turning that into a steaming dog turd of an MMO covered in pig vomit. At least they are starting with crap. Now they can attempt to spray paint it gold and try to sell it to me as gold.

Yeah I had high hopes for ESO but it doesn't look like it will be my cup of tea. I like complicated sandbox games so an "Elder Scrolls" styled game sounded great but we get what we get. I'm hoping The Repopulation turns out ok but that's way out on the horizon. Eve online is a great game that I refer people to a lot but I don't have the time for a game like that anymore.

Every time I see this thread I get super excited for a non-existent Burnout MMO...

Back