quiet case fan

I like Vantec Stealth fans. They are quiet and last a long time. I have no experience with ceramic bearing fans.

Get a San Ace 9G1212F1011 and run it at 10volts. I don't hear a thing!

Zalman F3 seems to beat most of the competition [according to Vapor's tests].
Scythe S-Flexes are very good too.

If you are into looks you could look at Noiseblockers. They make a very quiet fan. I would say they are on par with Scythe. I have a mix of them and Scythe S-Flex in my case.

The Aritic Cooling Fans are really nice price from NE and others....
I have been into fans for some time and have my share of load fans and hate them...

The AC fans are quality and cheap..
If you want the fans to blow in make sure you get the standard style as the open cage models only blow out...

I read the Yate from Petra's are also very good and for high price quality the Nexus fans are great as I have a 120 on the side of my case..

I've got 2 of these [ACs] and can rate them as "rather OK". They'd for most uses but are nowhere near S-Flexes/Noiseblockers/Xthermals :S

I use Scythe S-Flexes in my builds. Awesome noise/power ratio and a crazy long warranty.

Picked up 5 of those yate loons that rekd0514 recommended ordered yesterday received today from petras. Swapped out some globe motors that are probably 15 year old fans I salvaged from some old computers 10 years ago. I have run these fans every computer build since then. Still work great. The yate loons are quieter in my sonata case for sure.

Slipstreams are very quiet and move alot of air for the speed (Scythe fans).. You can't use them horizontally though as they are sleeve fans.

Picked up 5 of those yate loons that rekd0514 recommended ordered yesterday received today from petras. Swapped out some globe motors that are probably 15 year old fans I salvaged from some old computers 10 years ago. I have run these fans every computer build since then. Still work great. The yate loons are quieter in my sonata case for sure.

Cool, glad I could help. They are great fans and Petra is supposed to be one of the only sites that sells truly authentic ones from what you can read on a google search. I am loving mine still. :)

I have Noctua, Scythe (all three fans of the S-Flex line), Enermax, Thermaltake, and tons of other fans that I don't know the make of. So far, nothing has come close to performance vs noise ratio of the Scythe fans.

Do not waste your money on the Noctua's. It's marketing BS. They are worthless for the price. Their unique noise lowering fan blade design is nothing more than a gimmick. Enermax fans are quiet but don't produce the CFM of a Scythe at same RPM.

I have this Noctua:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004&Tpk=Noctua NF-P12

and also this Scythe:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

Although the Scythe runs at higher RPM (and producing better CFM) it is actually more quiet than the Noctua.

I despise Noctua's now cuz they charge a premium for their worthless fans. Don't get bought into their BS!

That's funny because I have those two exact fans (one SFF21F, one SFF21E, and two NF-P12-1300, in fact), and I disagree.

My personal experience with them are pretty much the same as SPCR. The SFF21F is most definitely louder than both the SFF21E or NF-P12-1300.

I also have a Thermaltake variable speed fan. It's actually not too shabby considering it's dirt cheap, but I don't use it.

Did you use all those fans in the same manner? Ie. if you used the Scythe as your CPU fan, did you test with the Noctua also as your CPU fan?

Yes, I use all of the fans in the same manner - as case fans. With the Noctua NF-P12, I hear a low humming (very low but I can still notice it) from the case, which happens to be about 3 feet away from where I sit. The SFF21F is not audible from this range.

To make sure my ears weren't deceiving me, I took the fans out of the case and held it right next to my ear. At this point blank range, both fans can be heard, but the Noctua is definitely louder.

Maybe the YL bastardization is moving onto Scythe and Noctua. I'd almost welcome it so knock offs become such a problem that every retailer deals directly with the manufacturers, ultimately so that I can be sure that my cheap YLs will still be real YLs :D

Back