Quicksilver G4 Fitting

kynaccrue

Weaksauce
i managed to get my hands on a Quicksilver G4 Mac Case. i have seen various mac mods and i have to say i dont really like mini atx boards. so im going to attempt to fit a fullsized atx motherboard along with two harddrives and a cdrom inside. any ideas?

kynaccrue said:
i managed to get my hands on a Quicksilver G4 Mac Case. i have seen various mac mods and i have to say i dont really like mini atx boards. so im going to attempt to fit a fullsized atx motherboard along with two harddrives and a cdrom inside. any ideas?

You'll struggle to fit one in. For starters mATX boards are too big and they hit the cd/dvd drive bay on the apple cases so you have to do something about that anyway.

Add to that the fact that you will need to completly redo the back of the case to fit all the pci slots in and you have a lot of work to think about.

I did mine a few years ago in a g4 case so there is a few things I would do differently but heres a link for you to have a look at http://www.gordyhand.co.uk/main.php?page=badapple

i see how you mounted the cdrom in the back. i considered doing that but it would be kinda hard to replace cds like that. i did some measurements and found that if i mount the cdrom in a 35 degree angle i could fit the motherboard and the capcitors would clear. if i do that then i should still be able to use the front cdrom door that came with the case.i am also able to use the back panel as it is since the quicksilver comes with 5 pci slots. its a tight fit. everything is about 1mm away from each other. i will have to cut away some of the bottom corner to fit the board but not much. everything else will be done the way you did.

Back