Quickest / Cheapest way to access a SATA hard drive via USB?

Kris

Gawd
So my desktop has died. I already replaced the power supply (which stopped working) and there is still another problem.

So I need a very fast and cheap way to hook some of my SATA hard drives from my desktop into my laptop. They could have been taken out with the previous power supply dying but I need to try to get data off of them.

Is there anything that's fairly cheap but readily onhand at most online outlets (such as NewEgg) so I can connect these drives to my laptop?

Check some of the online stores (ei: Newegg). There are a number of USB adapters that can do just what you want. They run about $20-$30.

I ended up getting the Apricorn as it seemed to have the best reviews on Amazon and Newegg. Hopefully it's a decent one.

Thanks for your help. I guess some sort of adapter would have made sense for me to search for, heh. This will actually help even further as I have some older IDE drives I need to get data off of.

I ended up getting the Apricorn as it seemed to have the best reviews on Amazon and Newegg. Hopefully it's a decent one.

I'm using that one myself. Works just fine. You'll find a few uses for the included AC adaptor like I did :)

Back