Questions about EVGA step-up for gtx 780 to gtx 9xx

biggles

2[H]4U
I bought a new PC about a month ago with an EVGA gtx 780 3 gb in it. Some questions about the EVGA step-up program (which I have never tried before).

1. If I wanted to step-up, it would have to be for the gtx 980, correct? Because I believe the gtx 970 is cheaper than the 780. Even though both new cards outperform the 780.
2. I got my gtx 780 from a PC builder. Am I correct in assuming that I am still eligible to step-up?
3. Realistically, should I expect it would take quite a while for EVGA to have the card in stock for step-up customers (6 months perhaps)? I assume new buyers would get priority.
4. I got the superclocked version which is overclocked but uses the reference cooler. If I chose the reference EVGA 980, how much would it cost?
5. Since I only game at 1080p even the gtx 780 is overkill. The only reason I would consider the upgrade is due to the step-up program. In your opinion, would the step-up be worth it or would you just stick with the 780 in my situation?

Thanks!

I currently have their 780Ti and am debating if it's worth step upping to the 980 SC ACX 2.0. Would be just the cost of shipping..

Yes, I am eligible for step-up. My PC builder is...is...is...CyberpowerPC.

(Tries to dodge eggs and other food being thrown in disrespect).

Any feedback on the other questions?

I currently have their 780Ti and am debating if it's worth step upping to the 980 SC ACX 2.0. Would be just the cost of shipping..

I would get in the queue now. You could always cancel it if you change your mind.

Okay, just got off the phone with EVGA. I can't step-up because I did not register the card with EVGA within 14 days of its purchase. Oh well...

What a bullshit policy. "Oh you have evidence you legitimately bought our product recently? Well sorry you dont meet this arbitrary requirement we threw in to save ourselves a boatload of cash!"

Whats next, 3 year warranties that you dont qualify for because you didnt LIKE us on facebook?

Okay, just got off the phone with EVGA. I can't step-up because I did not register the card with EVGA within 14 days of its purchase. Oh well...

Are you within 90 days? Kind of a bullshit money grab, but you should be able to buy an extended warranty to "re-qualify" your card for Step-Up.

If it is just the cost of shipping then definitly. Maxwell is looking like it will be an overclockers dream.

What a bullshit policy. "Oh you have evidence you legitimately bought our product recently? Well sorry you dont meet this arbitrary requirement we threw in to save ourselves a boatload of cash!"

Whats next, 3 year warranties that you dont qualify for because you didnt LIKE us on facebook?

This has always been the way for Step Up registration though. EVGA is very early on their warranty practices and programs like this.

Hmm looks like after logging in, the only thing so far for Step-Up is the vanilla 980 GTX. Wonder if they will post the SC ACX or Classified.

Hmm looks like after logging in, the only thing so far for Step-Up is the vanilla 980 GTX. Wonder if they will post the SC ACX or Classified.

Maybe an ACX version. Evga does not step up to classifieds

Maybe an ACX version. Evga does not step up to classifieds

Ah, gotcha. Well I still have a little over a month on my step up, so I'll hold it out and see if an ACX shows up. Current card isn't broken, so might as well get max value by hoping for a Superclocked ACX.

Back