Question.

applejacks

Hard DC'er of the Month January 2021 & May 2017
Hi i got a few boxes i have added but they will not seem to update. in EMIII they are just sitting there with a 1 by them. Anyhow. im going to move the files over to my box that has no problem updating. do i copy the whole folder over? or can i just copy the work folder over? i tried it earlier copying the whole folder over and clicked on the console but all it did was resume what i was currently working on on that box even though it was in a seperate folder.
thanks!

You can see the stats of the server that your client is reporting to by looking at this page: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html.

I believe the correct thing to do is just to wait for the server to come back up, and when F@H tries to resend the wu everything will happen automatically. No need for you to move things to another box/client.

Alrighty ill wait. I just added a few boxes and they are all not connecting for 2days

i am behind a proxy as well though. And i looked in the logs and its giving me a 403 error so im not sure if my clients are getting past the proxy at all.

another question if i log into the boxes and manually click on the console will it try to connect and not create a fah2 log? i had logged in manually and let the computers sit but still they were not updating

Thanks!

What I do on these buggers is wither restart the machine, or stop/start the service (same differance). Seems to kick start things. I personally think FAH get's stuck sometimes during the upload/download process.

Yes i did that same thing as well. I restarted the service first then when that didnt work i restarted the comptuers.

would it be okay to manually log in and browse to the folding folder and click on the console.exe? or would this mess things up? thanks and sorry for all the questions :)

if the service is running (I'm assuming console client here) than running another instance of the same process messes everything up from my experience.

Yes thats what im afraid of since they are console installs. DOH!

nope, i think its more of a problem on my end just getting them to get out of the network. Thats why i was asking about moving the work folder or whatever needed to a box that has no problem getting updates.

Thanks

you can, frankly would be a huge pain in the butt to keep doing that.

this might be a rare case where using the -local flag migh be a plus to keep things clean. Otherwise you might end up uploading WU's from client ID's which did not match/downloading the same WU you just uploaded (mess, my brain cooked right now)

-local flag keeps ID key in the log.txt files so would move with the cut/paste

Back