Question re: Essence STX II Sound Card

Marcm

n00b
I have three questions regarding "FlexBass."

1. Should I use it at all?

2. I'm using an HSU STF-1 subwoofer and the Satellite speakers I'm using are Axiom Audiobyte speakers (I bought them in 2009. I think Axiom has now replaced the Audiobyte line with their "Computer Speakers.") I think that the
Audiobyte speakers come with a 3" aluminum midrange driver and a 1" titanium tweeter. I've selected "small speaker" for the Axioms.
But the Asus user manual states, "Common 2.1 speakers with a subwoofer should be categorized as Large speakers because the subwoofer redirects the bass signals inside the two channels to the subwoofer speaker automatically." Should I use the "small" or "large" for the satellites?

3. The satellite speakers have a Freq Resp of 100-20kHz. My third question is what should I set the LFE Crossover Frequency to?

Many thanks.

This kind of stuff is a lot of trial and error....Nothing more. It really hard to say what your particular speakers do at what ever bass cutoff. 100hz would be a good starting point imo! I think i would see how they sound as large speakers first but i dont know how it makes any difference with the LFE already set....I bet that setup sounds very nice!!!:)

Back