Question on evga hydrocopper series.780/780ti

thekamikazepr

Limp Gawd
Hey guys quick question.

Is the evga hydrocopper any different than if I just get the reference and put the cooler?

I know they do have clocks similar to the acx version but are these just factory overclocks due to better heat dissipation or the pcb is actually modified / allows more voltage?

Just trying to make a wise purchase.

This is what I found must people cemented base on looks.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...pper-vs-stock-gtx-780-aftermarket-waterblock/

If you decide to put the cooler, and you don't just cement it based on looks, the only real difference is that the part has been tested/binned to hold up at the elevated clocks the hydro cooper version is spec'ed to perform at and those settings have been specifically baked into the BIOS for that card.

Do a bit of research and you'll also find that the hydro copper is a pretty crappy, overpriced waterblock when it comes to cooling the VRAM and voltage regulators when compared to other waterblocks in that the hydro copper block doesn't actively flow any water over those parts to dissipate heat but instead relies on the convection of the block itself. Poor design.... Still better than air cooling though I guess. Your dough... spend it wisely! :)

Back