Question from a Intel D875PBZ user

Frost_311

n00b
I built my newest computer about 3-4 months ago. Its a 2.8GHz Canterwood w/800 FSB, HT, ect. And I paired it with the D875PBZ motherboard. At the time I wasn't interested in :rolleyes: overclocking:rolleyes: and I just wanted a pretty fast, stable system. Currently I'm not using any SATA drives, just Western Digital SE drives w/ 8mb cache. I have an 160GB and a 80GB version. My question is, Should I install the Intel Application Accelerator? The version my motherboard comes with seems geared only towards SATA RAID setups. Will I get any performance increase if I use it? Would I get any performance increase if I bought another 80GB SE to run in raid with the other one? Can I install an older version of IAA (Non-Raid version)? Any help would be greatful as I just switched from AMD(I built this new system before any of their 64 bit chips were out) Thanks again in advance.

Originally posted by Frost_311
I built my newest computer about 3-4 months ago. Its a 2.8GHz Canterwood w/800 FSB, HT, ect. And I paired it with the D875PBZ motherboard. At the time I wasn't interested in :rolleyes: overclocking:rolleyes: and I just wanted a pretty fast, stable system. Currently I'm not using any SATA drives, just Western Digital SE drives w/ 8mb cache. I have an 160GB and a 80GB version. My question is, Should I install the Intel Application Accelerator? The version my motherboard comes with seems geared only towards SATA RAID setups. Will I get any performance increase if I use it? Would I get any performance increase if I bought another 80GB SE to run in raid with the other one? Can I install an older version of IAA (Non-Raid version)? Any help would be greatful as I just switched from AMD(I built this new system before any of their 64 bit chips were out) Thanks again in advance.

Hey I built my current computer about 5 months ago and I didn't even know about overclocking, I wish I had, I picked an intel board too. I wish I could go back and pick a different motherboard, and ram. You don't need to download the intel application accelerator. Just go into the bios and enable the +4% or whatever the "burn in" option is. I didn't notice any speed increase on normal day stuff. (I did notice a speed increase in folding@home). Just make sure your running ht. and using a os that supports it.

u dnt need application accelerator with an 875 mobo unless ur using raid so dnt worry bout it...i wuld only bother with raid if u need the extra space but i wuldnt bother going out and getting another drive just for raid...its quicker but not really that noticable

Originally posted by Frost_311

With all due respect to [H]ard|Forum, you need to ask your questions here:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47089

This is THE D875PBZ thread on the web.

Back