Question for the Cisco users

S

shade91

Does Cisco make a 4 port T1 CSU/DSU WIC card? How about a 2 porter? Just curious. Trying to condense things down a bit on a router of mine.

Originally posted by shade91
Does Cisco make a 4 port T1 CSU/DSU WIC card? How about a 2 porter? Just curious. Trying to condense things down a bit on a router of mine.

What model router?

Hmmm.... I don't believe they make a Wic with more than one port - I know for sure I've never seen one.....

Originally posted by ohknaks
What model router?

They do make a 2 port 'VWIC' T1 CSU/DSU card. I'm confused about the VWIC thing tho. Also wondering if they make a 4 port WIC CSU/DSU card.

It looks like they only have a 2-port for what you are looking for.

The "V" stands for voice in the VWIC.

I know they do some "high density" cards w/ 2+ ports on them. I think they where WIC's..

[edit]
Kinda like this

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Bob. I really hate navigating Cisco's website. Not always easy to find things.

Originally posted by shade91
Thanks Bob. I really hate navigating Cisco's website. Not always easy to find things.

It was fairly easy. Just went to "Products & Services" --> Routers --> Selected the series router, in your case the 3700 series --> On the left side of the page select "Relevant Interfaces and Modules".

I also found this by doing a seach on Cisco's site for "WIC". At the top of the first search was "You could also try: Cisco WAN Interface Cards". When I clicked on that the list of all their WICs was right at the top!

Believe me when I say you shouldn't be afraid to use their site. If anything you're going to get information overload due to all the stuff they have on there. But even then you're pretty much guaranteed to find what you're looking for, so long as you actually read the stuff it shows you (from the searches that is).

I do have to give them credit too. Finding stuff has gotten MUCH more intuitive and flat out easier over the last year or so. Once they did the redesign I found myself skipping Google and heading straight for cisco's site. The more you use their site the easier things will get. You'll see.

I've bunches of WICs with 2 integrated DSUs on them. That's all I buy from my 2600s. I suspect you can get an NM (the big slot card) for the 3725 and put whatever you want in the WIC slots, that would be a NM with possibly 2 serial or 2 RJ45 ports and 2 WIC slots for 2-T1 WIC cards.

I don't know of such a thing since I haven't needed one but you can surely put the 2-WIC-T1 cards in 2 slots for a total of 4 T1s in 2 WIC cards, with or without the NM to ride them on.

That was the 2-port VWIC T1 CSU/DSU card. I think my cost for that was like $1,200 a card with retail at $2,500 :eek:.

Back