Question for 6800GT and Sony HS94P owners?!

zlooop

Gawd
Do you have the same problem as me?

Ok... so ive noticed that my 6800GT is certainly a fast card, but it also has some visual problems.

The Problem:

Ok.. this is kinda hard to explain. When I am facing a wall with uniform textures, and i strafe and keep my crosshair in the same position, the wall textures appear to move at different speeds. So, if there are a lot of bricks, this problem looks much worse as you can see the bricks split apart and move at different speeds. This problem also happens in windows. If i move a window left and right, the window appears to become cut and blocky looking. Its really easy to reproduce. Basically the faster I move the image the more noticeable. Ive seen this problem in CS Source and Doom3 (but not as much doom3 probobably because its not as bright).

My system right now is:
3400 AMD
EVGA 6800GT w/ 65.73 reference drivers
1GB Kingston HyperX
MSI K8N Neo Platinum w/ 4.27 drivers
WinXP with SP1

This is basically a fresh install, so i doubt it could be driver conflicts. You guys have any suggestions?

Let me know! Thanks.

PS I have tried the following:

Disabled Fastwrite
Disabled Disk Caching

I think it may be a problem with the digital signal or something liek then. Anyway take a menu and move it really fast from left to right and let me know if you see the same problem

Thanks

that's a fast monitor.. xbrite 12ms.. it must be the drivers or video card... what you're describing is image tearing/shearing... it shouldn't happen with that low response time monitor... did you do the really clean uninstall old driver procedures? (ie. did your uninstall old drivers involve going into safe mode?.. if not go to video card forum and read the sticky post) also worth trying is a stable older driver version...

woodchuck

I still havent been able to fix this. Any owners out there care to respond?

Sounds like you need to enable Vsync in your drivers. Doesn't really apply to the windows problem though.Oh, and the Evga is known to have not great DVI implementation (puzzles me there).

IdiotInCharge said:
Sounds like you need to enable Vsync in your drivers. Doesn't really apply to the windows problem though.Oh, and the Evga is known to have not great DVI implementation (puzzles me there).

What do you mean not great DVI implementation?

I have the same problem with the VGA connection.
With vsync on the problem is still there.

GreenX said:
Called motion blur, cant fix it ... Use a CRT and it will go away.
Are you sure its motion blur? There is no blur, it just makes everythign have jagged edges with movement.

I know there are some users out there. Can they test this for me? Take a white window (mozilla with google hopepage), set your background to black, and drag left and right across the screen pretty fast. Tell me what you see.

GreenX said:
Called motion blur, cant fix it ... Use a CRT and it will go away.

Solid, morons like this bringing the quality of these forums down one post at a time.

As for the original post I am unsure, but I can tell you its not a monitor problem. I have a few friends who have this monitor and the same card your using and they don't have this problem. I'm not sure on the drivers though I'll have to check.

Back