Question about white box

eyedol

Gawd
I ordered a BFG 6800ultra from gameve and it's white box just like anywhere else unless you buy locally. My question is does the warrenty come with it and without the original retail packaging(Proof of purchase) is it going to be a problem to rma the card to bfg?

I've been reading most of the threads on here and haven't heard anything about it.

Talking about BFG right? I was wondering the same thing and why BFG was so cheap as to not include it in a snazzy package like they did the GT.

Yeah the BFG 6800ultra OC they have over at gameve. I want the snazzy package. :(

that's probably oem. oem is just the product. no extras. as long as it has the serial number sticker on the card you should be able to rma it if you have any problems

I had pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC w/Waterblock from Chumbo.Com and mine came in a white box too. It had a big label on it saying it was the full retail version and it did include all of the accessories and the lifetime warranty. It also had the barcode with the serial number on the label but no fancy packaging. Kinda bummed out in that respect but as long as it cranks I can live with it.

I will explain it for you. It is full retail but it comes in a white box. Why? Well it's simple really. Do you need a big, snazzy box if you are ordering online?

Scott

Mine BFG Ultra OC Watercooled came in a white box as well. At first I was put off by it, but then when I saw the card I didn't care anymore ;)

If they had to ship them in a retail box we probably would have had to wait a while longer for the card.

eyedol said:
So in the end it's just a retail card in oem packaging?

yay..
Ah .. no. That's a snazzy white box. :D But seriously, do you really want the manufacturer to add the extra cost for a colorful box?

it is the full retail product, BFG is just saving money by shipping the online sales in cheaper, less snazzy boxes, because if it is online they don't need a snazzy box to catch your eye. if you must have a snazzy box, go and buy the card in a store, it will be identical in every respect, except with a bling-bling box.

nam-ng said:
Ah .. no. That's a snazzy white box. :D But seriously, do you really want the manufacturer to add the extra cost for a colorful box?

I really don't care for the box I was just kidding. I just wanted to make sure I'd get the benifits of it being a retail product. I was just worried about the warrenty/support. :)

Still kinda sucks that they're saving money with these simple white boxes but these online retailers are jackin up the prices. Damn that supply and demand bs. :D

I don't think they are saving money, I just think they don't have the retail boxes yet for some of the cards. They decided instead of making people wait, they would just go ahead and send out the cards in a white box. When I called them about my 6800 ultra oc with water block they mentioned they were still getting everything together for them and that there was a high demand for them.

Ulrick28 said:
I don't think they are saving money, I just think they don't have the retail boxes yet for some of the cards. They decided instead of making people wait, they would just go ahead and send out the cards in a white box. When I called them about my 6800 ultra oc with water block they mentioned they were still getting everything together for them and that there was a high demand for them.
No, it is to save money. They already have the boxes designed. People that picked up cards at Fry's got the nice fancy box.

Scott

Ulrick28 said:

I don't think that "high demand" even comes close to what there dealing with. It's more like GET ME THE FUGGIN CARD NOW YOU SLOW BASTAGES!!!!!! or something along those lines ;)

Hell theres been a few guys on here that dumped there Pro's for GT's

I can't believe you people who actually have the card you want, unlike myself, are complaining about the STUPID BOX IT CAME IN.

Give me the card, I don't care if it came in a paper bag as long as it works!~

Ludic said:
I can't believe you people who actually have the card you want, unlike myself, are complaining about the STUPID BOX IT CAME IN.

lol hhahahahahahha

Ludic said:

MMMKAY?

Don't have it yet son. I was concerned about it truely being retail. kthnx.

Back