Question about the MCP-655 / D5 pump...

Xylo

Limp Gawd
question about the mcp-655 / d5 pump...
Can anyone tell me what the material of the "screwing" on the MCP-655 / D5 pump is?

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCP650/mcp650-exploded-view-640x62.jpg

What is it's point?...to dissipate heat?...how hot does the pump get?...or is it just "for looks"?

(asking, because I was wondering what shaving off one or two of the fins would do, besides invalidate my warranty... ...)

The ring just holds the 2 parts together.............. :D The PolarFlo dosn't use the ring, they just use a steel plate that's screwed to the housing................. :cool:

makshim said:
I think it is for grip/looks.

so then no "functional" purpose...

Of course, it would actually make more sense to cut up the area in my case a bit instead, but getting to it will be a MAJOR pain...

Xylo said:
Anyone know what material the "fins" are made out of?

It is Norel, a type of plastic, it is resistant to chemicals and such. Can be cut with a dremmel quite easily if that is what you are looking for Xylo.

plywood99 said:
It is Norel, a type of plastic, it is resistant to chemicals and such. Can be cut with a dremmel quite easily if that is what you are looking for Xylo.

Cutting it would make a case config that I might like muuuuch easier....but due to warranty issues, it would make a lot more sense to cut the case instead.... hmmmm...

Just order a replacement ring, they might cost a few bucks and then you wouldn't have to worry about the case or pump...............A little prior planning prevents piss poor performance...................... :cool: And warranty issues too................. ;)

Heh...never even thought that they might sell just such....lol...

Back