Question about the Abit AA8XE and memory.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
I've got an AA8XE and the thing has been solid as a rock and has been a great overclocking board. What I am wondering is: has anyone ever installed 4 memory modules on one of these boards? If so was it stable.

Alot of boards these days seem to have stability issues with all four memory sockets populated. Now in the past this has been a bigger issue with non-Intel chipsets. However Abit's had the problem before with Intel chipsets and recently I've heard about this problem with i915P and i925X/i925XE boards.

I've considered adding more ram to my system. Not that I need it, I just feel inadequate unless all my system specs are retarded high.

Good question. I have the same exact board and was thinking about adding another gig filling all four slots. Two of my slots are filled w/ 512 each and it's running fine.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Alot of boards these days seem to have stability issues with all four memory sockets populated. Now in the past this has been a bigger issue with non-Intel chipsets. However Abit's had the problem before with Intel chipsets and recently I've heard about this problem with i915P and i925X/i925XE boards.

I've considered adding more ram to my system. Not that I need it, I just feel inadequate unless all my system specs are retarded high.

With Intel chipsets ??? Impossible. I've installed 4GBs on an 865PE and it was rock solid.I find it hard to believe that 9x5 would behave differently.
I own the Fatal1ty but I've got only 2 dimms , but IMO , there should be no problem.

savantu said:
With Intel chipsets ??? Impossible. I've installed 4GBs on an 865PE and it was rock solid.I find it hard to believe that 9x5 would behave differently.
I own the Fatal1ty but I've got only 2 dimms , but IMO , there should be no problem.

Well I didn't expect that there would be. And amazingly enough I have seen it a time or two with Intel chipsets. Not recently though.

But the last time I heard oif it it was on an Abit board.

Back