Question about Soundblaster Live Platinum

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the chance yo buy a Soundblaster live Platinum for about 50 bucks. I want it so that I can run a guitar through it useing one of its inputs and record what I play onto my computer. I would also like to be able to record another mic for vocals. Is this possible? My friend has a head that has a MIDI out on it but my head doesn't have that. What should I do?

What kind of head are you running? Generally the midi out/in on heads aren't for recording, more for fine controls (on Line6 heads, they are used for deep sound editing through Line6 Edit software and upgrading the head's firmware. It can also be used to control another identical amp or one in the same amp family in the case of some of the Fender Cyber amps). Does your head have a headphone/direct out? If it does, you can hook into the mic input or use a 1/4" to RCA cable in come in through the RCA in, which would be quieter than the mic jack. Also, if you have any mult-effects units with digital out (Boss GT-6, Line6 Pod Pro and XT Pro), you can come in directly through the digital input.

Mr.Dearthian

Yes it would work. I have been recording my guitar straight into the front of the livebay. It doesn't sound half bad.

For a clean sound I hook it straight up to the line2/mic input in the front. Using a monster cable. You can go into the environmental effects and add in a pretty good flange effect. I have also done it with a boss distortion pedal hooked between the guitar and the livedrive. Be careful for the volume knobs though it can tend to overdrive the livebay. That actually works really well as far as sound quality. On ocassion I have also hooked up by guitar amp line out into the line2/mic input. Just be sure to turn it on in the sound control panel at the bottom right of the screen. At least on my rig it turns it off by default.

Back