Question about Razer Synapse 2.0 and the return of a Razer mousing legend...

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. What I have here today is a 2-part question. 1. Say you already have a Razer branded mouse (with Synapse 2.0 installed) and you wish to switch Razer branded mice (i.e. a Deathadder 3.5G for a Diamondback Chroma). Do you have to reinstall Synapse for Synapse to identify the 2nd Razer mouse or is it smart enough to pick it up and install drivers, etc. for it the moment you plug it in? 2. You saw I mentioned the new Diamondback Chroma coming out later this month. I'm looking to pick one up. So I ask those who have used the Diamondbacks of old, what am I to expect plusses and minuses going from a Deathadder 3.5G to a Diamondback Chroma based on what you remember of the original? Yes I know it'll have a much more powerful laser engine driving it but the only feeling I get comparing old Diamondback to new is that: the laser sensor is different but it feels like nothing else is. Thanks in advance for your answers and advice and until next time I am out!

The software will pick it right up. As a matter of fact, I have a Naga for MMO and Mamba TE for FPS, both installed and plugged in, without any issues.

2.) I had the original Diamondback in Chameleon green and white it was great for FPS and felt good in the hand, you may be missing the extra buttons that are available on todays mice. I found the Mamba TE 2015 to be the next best thing IMO.

The original Razer Diamondback is my favorite mouse of all time. I'm still using my 10-year old Salamander Red D'back. I was pretty pumped about the new version, but the body looks like it's got that god-awful soft touch coating. I wanted it to have the hard plastic body of the original. Soft touch feels too slippery, IMO.

The original Razer Diamondback is my favorite mouse of all time. I'm still using my 10-year old Salamander Red D'back. I was pretty pumped about the new version, but the body looks like It's got that god-awful soft touch coating. I wanted it to have the hard plastic body of the original. Soft touch feels too slippery, IMO.
I just got mine.

It's pure plastic with some rubber on the sides for thumb and pinky grib. The body and buttons has that rough plastic feeling like the Naga 2014. I find it awful awful. It feels so cheap.
I love "rubber" coating (soft touch?) all over or at least on the buttons like the transparent versions, and was very disappointed. The wheel, although it has a good grip, also feels cheap. The sound when you scroll it is very noisy and it's not smooth. The click is good though. The side buttons is okay I guess. Could be a little bit bigger but I haven't played with it yet, so too early to judge.

I had the red Salamander version too and loved it to death and been searching for one like it ever since. I'd buy a stock if it was ever released again as it was. Couldn't care less about synapse and the billion settings. It worked perfectly.

If you like the feel of the Naga 2014, then you're going to love it. I'm not going to return it but it'll have to compete with my E-blue Auroza and all the other mice I bought to replace the Salamander heh. Damn I love the shape of the Diamondback. Argh I want to hate it, but my hand is already loving it. Damn you Razer.

Edit: I wrote Magma instead of Salamander. http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Diamondback-Salamander-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00076TH8S This was the one I had. Best mice ever!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back