Question about my Corsair AX850 PSU I've had in my head forever but never asked about

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So about 3-4 years ago now I purchased a Corsair AX850 PSU to replace my aging (at the time) Enermax Galaxy 850W PSU. I think I made the purchase through Amazon if memory serves. But it's not about where I bought it as the question but a peculiar thing it's been doing ever since I took it out of the box and started using it in my system. Anytime I go to turn on the system in cold boot, the system will fire up and come to life. Then it turns itself off. After a medium count of 4, it powers back on again and proceeds with booting up the system normally. It did it in my Nehalem/X58 system and does it still in my Skylake/Z170 build. Being that I've never had any issues with this PSU except that 1 peculiar thing, is this something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance for any advice and answers. Out!

Your motherboard is unhappy about something.
Its not a PSU issue unless the PSU is failing such that it causes system self tests fail (not very likely with a quality PSU that isnt very old).
Unstable overclocks, memory not fully stable, those are typical things that can cause the double POST.

Hi all. So about 3-4 years ago now I purchased a Corsair AX850 PSU to replace my aging (at the time) Enermax Galaxy 850W PSU. I think I made the purchase through Amazon if memory serves. But it's not about where I bought it as the question but a peculiar thing it's been doing ever since I took it out of the box and started using it in my system. Anytime I go to turn on the system in cold boot, the system will fire up and come to life. Then it turns itself off. After a medium count of 4, it powers back on again and proceeds with booting up the system normally. It did it in my Nehalem/X58 system and does it still in my Skylake/Z170 build. Being that I've never had any issues with this PSU except that 1 peculiar thing, is this something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance for any advice and answers. Out!
My Corsair AX850 did the same thing. Then it started refusing to put the PC to sleep on occasion, then more regularly. Also wouldn't shut down sometimes.

Swapped it out for an EVGA G2 850 and all been good since.

I wasn't allowed to post in other threads maybe because I'm new but I just wanted to say I had an excellent rma process from corsair I bought a used 1050w and it slowly started to get annoying anytime something moved or bumped into case it would turn off bottom line contacted corsair and they said pick your replacement since mine was so old I got offered and choose the 860i I believe it's called platinum I think and modular couldn't be happier. Is this still considered a great and good power supply or should I look to replace it if and when I ever go from a newer cpu gpu system 3770k and 670ftw ?! Thanks guys

Back