Question About Google Drive

Puterguru

2[H]4U
There's something I can't wrap my head around about Google Drive that maybe someone here knows the answer to, Maybe i'm just over thinking this.

Laptop A - Has all of my photos and videos on it. Google Drive has been installed on that laptop and all documents are safely backed up in the cloud.

Laptop B - Is a new laptop. I have made copies of all of my data from Laptop A and put them in their respective folders on Laptop B. Laptop B does NOT have Google Drive installed yet..

If I install Google Drive on Laptop B, isn't it going to start downloading and syncing 60 Gigs worth of files that I already have loaded onto the hard drive in different directories essentially giving me two copies which I don't want it to do? I already have these files and don't need a separate copy.

I really just want Google to monitor certain folders and sync those folders to the cloud so that I always have a copy in case the PC has a failure, This shouldn't be that difficult...

Thanks in advance...

Yes, I believe GoogleDrive would work in the way you are expecting. You can install it on Laptop B, immediately pause the sync it will start, go to "Preferences" and select only the folders you want GDrive to sync.

During installation you can choose what folders you want to synchronize.

Back