Question about different Corsair RAM types

Dominator has always been a premium for the heat spreader\bling.
I find G.Skill or Kingston are typical offering better value\quality kits these days.

I've never seen the need to pay for the RGB stuff. I'm not 14.

So the only difference is RGB + a different heat spreader for $100 more? There's no other perk to the Dominator? The seemingly identical specs are legit?

So the only difference is RGB + a different heat spreader for $100 more? There's no other perk to the Dominator? The seemingly identical specs are legit?
Maybe the sub sub timings could be a little better but not worth the $100. Also could be using better chips that might overclock farther but who knows.

The OC'ing I'd ever plan to do would be turning on XMP, so that's really all I need. Just making sure I'm not missing the boat on something. Seems like a pretty hefty markup, but then again, Corsair charges a 40% markup on their fans with RGB, too.

The OC'ing I'd ever plan to do would be turning on XMP, so that's really all I need. Just making sure I'm not missing the boat on something. Seems like a pretty hefty markup, but then again, Corsair charges a 40% markup on their fans with RGB, too.
It is why I been buying g.skill for awhile now. Cheap for the performance, reliable and no RBG.

It is why I been buying g.skill for awhile now. Cheap for the performance, reliable and no RBG.

In my case, I'm going with almost all Corsair stuff. At least where it makes sense. Their support team has been good to me over the years, and it makes for a nice unified look. As long as they aren't price gouging, I default to them. Plus, my local Microcenter carries their stuff, too.

In my case, I'm going with almost all Corsair stuff. At least where it makes sense. Their support team has been good to me over the years, and it makes for a nice unified look. As long as they aren't price gouging, I default to them. Plus, my local Microcenter carries their stuff, too.
That's cool. I like Corsair but the Corsair tax is just too much nowadays. $40-50 for fans is stupid.

Back