Question about Cyber Monday & Newegg

Okay, so I have never really purchased or looked into anything on Cyber Monday for the most part, I am in the middle of building another PC just for the hell of it, I plan to use a Thermaltake Level 10 Case and I7-4770k.

The price of the case is $129.99 and the price of the CPU is $289.99

Now, my question is that are these items going to most likely be the same on Cyber Monday or does Newegg just RANDOMLY lower the price on things so you have no clue what they will be UNTIL Monday.....because so far from what I can tell they're pretty much showing WHAT is on sale for Black Friday and all that. Do they surprise though?

I guess what I am asking is, are these 2 items probably going to be the same price still?

I know its a stupid question but just thought I would ask - thanks.

it's kind of hard to say... you would think it would stay the same at least. however, I don't know that. it really is a great price for that CPU... I'm guessing you don't have a micro center near you. of course, you have to pay the tax there so, that brings the price up a bit at micro center. the good thing is newegg's iron egg guaranty. if it goes down anywhere within 14 days. newegg will refund the difference and match the lower price. I'd go for it now and depend on the iron egg

On the other hand there is this thread in the hotdeals discussion section, "Does the Iron Egg Guarantee mean anything?" http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1789173 which might help you decide if you wish to rely on it or not to price match something.

Is there a website similar to camelcamelcamel for newegg that tracks price changes on items? With that sort of thing you could get an idea if its likely to repeat at that price.

Back