Question about Charter high speed and getting tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename47

Gawd
Hey I recently got charter pipeline and I was told by many that if you split the line you can get basic cable off of the pipeline access line. So me being the cheap guy that I am tried it.... However no luck.... any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. I've been told this by so many people I just assume it is true... BUT maybe they wired mine differently... I already had an old cable tv access line going to my house from a previous owner so is there two points of access in the junction box... one for tv and one for highspeed..... The tech guy that came over layed a whole new thick white cable through my yard to where I wanted internet access so maybe he did wire it up differently.

I used a 5-1000hrz splitter, a good RG6 cable for the internet split and a cheaper cable for the tv line off of the other split.... it did make my channel 2 clearer but I'm assuming it was just using the cable line as an antenna....

thanks for any comments...

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

I had pipeline for 6 months and had free cable as well when I split it off. One day, no cable TV, I checked behind my house and opened the cable box, found a high pass inline filter installed so it was back to directv.

If you have pipeline and your effort to tee off to your TV is unsuccessful, you have been filtered.

Friendly reminder - per the rules:
You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity.
...theft of service most certanly qualifies.

B.B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back