Quake II crashes to desktop when i go underwater

Thermite Paste

Supreme [H]ardness
I got quake II for free when i purchased Quake 4, and i decided to play it to see what it was like. But whenever i hit water, my game crashes to desktop. What's going on, it does it on all the driver modes!

that's pretty weird. seems like the only thing that could be responsible since it always does it is maybe a corrupt sound clip, like the "underwater" sound library or something.

Sounds like that stresses the video card out a little too much.. if it's OC'd, put it back to default and try...

no, it's not overclocked... you'd think a 9800 pro would have enough power to play quake II :p

heh.. quite! :) should be fine... hrm........ then it sounds driver related to me, but you say it still happens with all drivers... have you tried cleaning with a driver cleaner before reinstalling? Did this just start happening? maybe roll back windows with system restore to a point when you knew it was ok? you can always roll forward again if that does not do it..

It's been happening from the start. I'll try updating my ati drivers, if there is an update yet :)

There is no way a 9800PRO can't blow QII's balls off.
I would say, update the game and your drivers.

So there's an update for the game? I can't find one anywhere.

edit: nevermind, i found it, and patched it. Works perfectly now :)

whew... I was going to say, you know what the obvious alternative fix for this is, DONT go under water. ;)

Thermite Paste said:
So there's an update for the game? I can't find one anywhere.

edit: nevermind, i found it, and patched it. Works perfectly now :)

Where did you download the patch? I have the same problem. I have downloaded the file q2-3.20-x86-full.exe from the id-website, but that did not fix my problem.

It works now. Iset the videomode to Default OpenGL and now everything works perfect. Thanks for your help.

Back