Quad G34 CPU Temperatures -- TPC to CPU socket mapping

firedfly

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2012
Tear and I spent some time tonight mapping the output of "TurionPowerControl -temp" to the physical cpu sockets on SuperMicro and Tyan quad g34 motherboards.

The Tyan S8812WGM3NR mapping is different than you might expect. I verified the IPMI sensor readings map correctly to the physical CPU socket labels. This data was collected and is valid for 6100 series processors. The TPC output maps as follows:
Code:
[22:40:23] <&firedfly> cpu0 is node 0-1
[22:40:31] <&firedfly> cpu1 is node 4-5
[22:40:38] <&firedfly> cpu2 is node 6-7
[22:40:46] <&firedfly> cpu3 is node 2-3

Tear tested the SuperMicro H8QGi+-F. The results are what I would have expected. This data was collected and is valid for 6100 series processors. The mapping is as follows:
Code:
[22:47:15] <&tear> cpu1 is node 0-1
[22:47:19] <&tear> cpu2 is node 2-3
[22:47:25] <&tear> cpu3 is node 4-5
[22:47:32] <&tear> cpu4 is node 6-7

UPDATE 2/7/14: brilong has tested a SuperMicro GL board with 6200 series processors. His results are:
Code:
CPU1: node0/1
CPU2: node4/5
CPU3: node2/3
CPU4: node6/7

** I used TurionPowerControl v0.40a in my testing.

Last edited:
yup....thanks for verifying...
I use 2 different pairs of chips so I send different vcore to different nodes.

TPC is a great program and is actively developed.
Thanks Tear and Sfield for your work....
As well as all those actively testing it ;)

I've used this info several times over the last week. Just wanted to bump the post in case others could use the info...

How about adding some basic stuff about TPC to the 2p & 4p guide. I've used it a lot as of late. ;)

How about adding some basic stuff about TPC to the 2p & 4p guide. I've used it a lot as of late. ;)

Bingo. I had to track this thread down again.

Are the temp values reported with TPC 'better' than what lm_sensors or do both use the same method to determining temp values?

Bingo. I had to track this thread down again.

Are the temp values reported with TPC 'better' than what lm_sensors or do both use the same method to determining temp values?

Same method. Sensors additionally _display_ fractional values but these aren't usually
needed :)

Back