qttask.exe question?

klowngoblin

[H]ard|Gawd
wtf does this stupid quicktime" qttask.exe" keep poping up in my startup list? i already disabled the useless system tray icon, then i removed it from the startup list but it keeps going back there. anyone know why apples POS software has to be so stupid?

in the run box
type msconfig
click on startup tab and uncheck it there (not sure if you were talkign about the shortcut startup area)

Of course there is always the overly simple way.

Open up Quicktime or right click the tray icon.

(If opening Quicktime: Edit)>Preferences>Browser Plug-in> Quick Time system tray icon>Uncheck it.

csims said:
Of course there is always the overly simple way.

Open up Quicktime or right click the tray icon.

(If opening Quicktime: Edit)>Preferences>Browser Plug-in> Quick Time system tray icon>Uncheck it.

did that, it still loads, i removed it from the startup list completly (i have startup inspector which is better than msconfig) removed it from both, the next time i open quicktime its back in the @$#%$# startup list, i just deleted qttask.exe since the quicktime software is garbage all together

hense why I recommended Mike Lin's startup manager

which looks at more registry keys

# Startup (user) - the current user's Startup folder in the Start Menu.
# Startup (common) - the common (all users) Startup folder in the Start Menu. Appears only on NT and multi-user Win9x systems.
# HKLM / Run - the Run registry key located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. These apply for all users.
# HKCU / Run - the Run registry key located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. These apply for the current user only.
# Services - system services that are started before the user logs in. Does not appear on NT since it has its own Services control panel.
# Run Once - started once and once only at the next system startup.

But I agree you should dump quicktime
use quicktime alternative
get real alternative and k-lite there as well while your at it, they all run on Media Player Classic (which comes bundled with each)

and will integrate with Firefox ;)

Ice Czar said:
hense why I recommended Mike Lin's startup manager

which looks at more registry keys

# Startup (user) - the current user's Startup folder in the Start Menu.
# Startup (common) - the common (all users) Startup folder in the Start Menu. Appears only on NT and multi-user Win9x systems.
# HKLM / Run - the Run registry key located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. These apply for all users.
# HKCU / Run - the Run registry key located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. These apply for the current user only.
# Services - system services that are started before the user logs in. Does not appear on NT since it has its own Services control panel.
# Run Once - started once and once only at the next system startup.

But I agree you should dump quicktime
use quicktime alternative
get real alternative and k-lite there as well while your at it, they all run on Media Player Classic (which comes bundled with each)

and will integrate with Firefox ;)

well quicktime has been totally uninstalled, the QT alternative works excelent, i already had the real alternative, i hate apple and i have been using their crap for this long without knowing i didnt have too

EDIT: yay now my media keys on my laptop works with playing stupid mov files, even though i re-encode that crap to Xvid anyways

Back