QAM + ATSC Tuner

Blacklash

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I found a TV tuner card for my computer that actually tunes all the new digital channels well. My old AverMedia USB tuner would bring them in however it would skip and freeze a lot. It did fine with analog.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116036

That Hauppauge above tunes all the new free HD channels well with its WinTV 7 app. Of course it won't bring in encrypted channels.

No skipping or freezing yet. Obviously if you have a weak video card and/or CPU you may still get the mentioned problems.

Are you asking something? Are you planning on buying this card or have you already?

And don't use the Hauppauge program, its crap.

thanks for the input op. that's probably the same card i'll get, its good to know others having success. what a steep price tag though... these things shouldnt cost more then $50.

thanks for the input op. that's probably the same card i'll get, its good to know others having success. what a steep price tag though... these things shouldnt cost more then $50.

It costs that much because it has two digital tuners, not just one as the cheaper ones do. I have this tuner and it ROCKS!!!

I have both a AVerMedia 780 PCI-E and the same hauppauge card you do. I am not using the hauppauge card because the analog channels look 10 times better with the 780; digital were the same on both. It also doesn't hurt that it is still dual tuner and $30-$40 cheaper.

I originally got the 780 because they had the windows media center hack for Vista that allowed you to get all the QAM channels. It was great because I also got the all the movie on demand channels and the music channels. I would surf the on demand channels until I found a movie that I wanted to watch and was just starting. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back