Q: Exos CPU block difference.

jinu117

[H]ard|Gawd
How much of diff between the old 200watt block and 300w block makes in temps? Let's say about 120W-150W of power output. (3.2c @ 3.6ghz with 1.625 v or so I guess?)

i dont know about the temps but i can tell you that the fittings are alot better than on the 200g block. my cpu temps never break 43-44C, and i have the 300g block.

I think the 300 has more copper in it and perhaps better flow characteristics. I doubt they would claim 100W more if they hadnt changed anything. I remember reading a review that compared the two and the 300 was better. One other thing that should be considered is that the 300 has the nice screw on fittings, so you don't need to use or worry about the cheapo crimp-on clamps that like to fail and 'splode water everywhere. The finish on the 300G is a thing of beauty, gold plated and shinier than my bathroom mirror.

DrJacob said:
I think the 300 has more copper in it and perhaps better flow characteristics. I doubt they would claim 100W more if they hadnt changed anything. I remember reading a review that compared the two and the 300 was better. One other thing that should be considered is that the 300 has the nice screw on fittings, so you don't need to use or worry about the cheapo crimp-on clamps that like to fail and 'splode water everywhere. The finish on the 300G is a thing of beauty, gold plated and shinier than my bathroom mirror.

It probably has better flow characteristics. I have the old one and it is gold also.

Yeah only thing I am wondering right now is that I am getting one with 200G block... that it would be worth spending the $$ to get 300G or not. Just looking for some hard number on review comparison, etc.

i have a couple koolance systems, i wouldnt recommend spending the extra $$ to upgrade to a 300g, its not that much better, unless you need it for a non supported 200G A64 mobo.

advanced101101 said:
i have a couple koolance systems, i wouldnt recommend spending the extra $$ to upgrade to a 300g, its not that much better, unless you need it for a non supported 200G A64 mobo.

Or prescott that will use over 200watt I guess (soon is my guess :p) Thank you very much for your advice... my guess is the temp delta is between 1-2c for 100W or so?

Back