Purchasing WD 250GB HD: Will XP recognize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawb

n00b
Well, I was set to purchase a WD 250GB HD as I need the storage for $159.99 and I recently came across this thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=651016

Currently I am using an Abit IS7 and going to install Windows XP Pro.

Will it recognize the 250GB or will I need to do the steps outlined? I hope not. Just more things to mess with :confused:

Thanks

Install it and let us know what you find. Don't worry, btw, it will work.

Well, looking at that motherboard, you shouldn't have many problems as long as you are running the latest BIOS, but as I have learned nothing is ever quite certain when it comes to computers. I would suggest keeping that little guide handy in case you run into any problems. Also, I just wanted to say I am quite a newbie on this forum, but your manners are quite ridiculous. Not everyone is going to post a reply, this is a communtiy board and anyone that attempts to help you is doing you a favor, there is no need to be rude. Between this and the violation of the rules which you already committed, you don't seem to be off to a great start on this board.

For drives that are over 137gb, you need to have SP1 installed for XP. Then it will recognize its full size.

When I get no replies after a long time, I usually just say something kind that will make people want to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back