Purchasing a new motherboard

Archer1212

[H]F Junkie
My current system is lacking in upgrade capability at the moment and one of my cp-workers siad he would sell me his xfx 7800gtx to me for $250. I said ok. now I need to find a new motherboard as im still using my AGP 6800gt. My system is fine performance wise for me I just couldnt pass up on this deal.
My last motherboard purchases have been on a whim with out much research just finding something with what I need and went cheap.

My budget is about $100. I have been looking at the MSI neo-4 since I am using a neo2 and loving it, but I am also leaning towards some of the abit and asus boards. I dont really need SLI capable since I dont really want it.

some of the boards I have been looking at:

eVGA 133-K8-NF41
abit KN8 and the Ultra
MSI k8n neo4
Asus A8N5X

I dont know much about teh differences between brands and what is a good motherboard.

does anybody have any experiences or suggestions for me?

i personally reccomend the asus a8n-e board.after trying 3 other nf4 boards this board is as close to perfect as one can be.perfect layout,mature bios,o/clocks well,and is stable as a rock.in my experience after using the abit an8 ultra,msi ultra,
and the gigabyte ultra ,this asus is a pleasure to use.never crashes priced rite at newegg for 93.00 or the a8n5x for 80.00 or so.same board without sata2.the a8n-e is more popular with the ultra chipset.you cant go wrong with either one.

Back