psu/nvidia system sentinel/argh...

Sway

Limp Gawd
Ok, just wanna make sure im not crazy and I am on the correct path here.

I have a ultra v series 500(hahaha) watt psu that came with my case. The psu is supposedly 28amp on the 12v rail. Im trying to power a somewhat simple system with it. 7900 gto / athlon xp 4000 / 2 hd's. Im getting nvidia system sentinel coming up saying there is no power cord attached to the card and there is. First thing I did. I made sure all my drivers were up to date, no magic. I ended up rma'ing the card to the manufacturer and they sent me a tested sample card and im getting the same issue. At this point im figuring that its probably the psu to be honest. Just for my peace of mind. I tried a 7300 gs which does not require a pci-e connector and of course no problems there. Is there any logical chance it may not be the power supply and might be the motherboard not passing enough energy though the pci-e slot? Or am I just using a crappy psu?

Im planning on replacing the current psu with a: http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-E5150GH

Sway said:
Ok, just wanna make sure im not crazy and I am on the correct path here.

I have a ultra v series 500(hahaha) watt psu that came with my case. The psu is supposedly 28amp on the 12v rail. Im trying to power a somewhat simple system with it. 7900 gto / athlon xp 4000 / 2 hd's. Im getting nvidia system sentinel coming up saying there is no power cord attached to the card and there is. First thing I did. I made sure all my drivers were up to date, no magic. I ended up rma'ing the card to the manufacturer and they sent me a tested sample card and im getting the same issue. At this point im figuring that its probably the psu to be honest. Just for my peace of mind. I tried a 7300 gs which does not require a pci-e connector and of course no problems there. Is there any logical chance it may not be the power supply and might be the motherboard not passing enough energy though the pci-e slot? Or am I just using a crappy psu?

Im planning on replacing the current psu with a: http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-E5150GH
That should solve your problem. ;)

NOT the psu, or mobo...what gives :(, rmaing card again to evga. grr...

Same problem here with my 7900GTO since a couple of days. I have no idea how to solve it! My PSU is a Enermax Liberty 500W so I don't think the PSU is the problem :(

Back