PSPGO not cutting it; which one to get?

ptstarling

Weaksauce
I'm tired of waiting for stuff to come out as downloads, which UMD based PSP should I get?

As an owner of a PSP-2001, meh. :D

I'd wait for the rumoured PSP-Phone. Unless you're planning on running custom firmware, the PSP isn't much of a system. GT Mobile is cool, I guess.

PSP-2000

hack that shit baby, it ain't hard

then all that shit is out there for you to "download"

personally I only get PS1 games on the emulator as well as some SNES and GBA games

Makes for a hell of a portable, son

PSP Go was huge fail, PSP 1001 was the holy grail of CFW. Nintendo DS XL just came out also.

Hardware wise, I'd vote for the 3000 - a bit better build quality than the 2000 and way better screen... but it's up to you.

If you really, really want to go back to UMDs, I'd suggest the 3000. After using the Go, the screen on the 1000 and 2000 will look like a blurry, ghosted mess and you'll be hating yourself. I'd never even think of buying another 2000 for myself, hackable or not. In fact, after using the Go, I'd never want to deal with UMDs again. Wait till you get yourself a 2000 or 3000 and realize just how slow, annoying, noisy, and bulky UMDs are; just how fast the battery on the 2000/3000 gets sucked down; just how cumbersome that thing is to carry around (especially with UMDs). Yeah.

If you really, really want to go back to UMDs, I'd suggest the 3000. After using the Go, the screen on the 1000 and 2000 will look like a blurry, ghosted mess and you'll be hating yourself. I'd never even think of buying another 2000 for myself, hackable or not. In fact, after using the Go, I'd never want to deal with UMDs again. Wait till you get yourself a 2000 or 3000 and realize just how slow, annoying, noisy, and bulky UMDs are; just how fast the battery on the 2000/3000 gets sucked down; just how cumbersome that thing is to carry around (especially with UMDs). Yeah.

From a purely curious standpoint then, what are your thoughts on the severe lack of downloadable-only games and pricing for the Go?

From a purely curious standpoint then, what are your thoughts on the severe lack of downloadable-only games and pricing for the Go?

all 50+ games i wanted are on the psn apart from ridge racers 2 which is a bitch. pricing of games is an issue if your impatient but there are plenty of deals to be had here and there where they slash the prices of certain games (apart from ea games, they are twats and i refuse to buy most of their games)

just by looking at the UK store which is way way behind on the amount of games available theres already over 360 games to choose from on there (ps1,minis and psp games). Yer it sucks if your pining for a certain game for ages, but i got plenty of games at launch on the psn that were actually cheaper on the psn than the high street stores.

Going back to your op id get the 3000 definately, it will be a bitch going back to extremely long load times and a bigger machine.....but hey as long as it plays the games you want.

I'm still holding on to my PSP-1000. I've been waiting for either a price drop or a new product announcement before I decide if I want to get a PSP Go.

I would not buy the PSP Go, it has one of the least attractive designs i've seen in a handheld in a long time, and that's saying something.

Haven't been following the Go's progress, but how is the integration with the PS3? Can you connect and download games through the PSN? When I first heard about it ages ago it was pretty attractive to me, lacking UMD and pure digital approach which is cool, but I've read some nasty stuff about it so far (ie. its a dud).

PSP-2000

hack that shit baby, it ain't hard

then all that shit is out there for you to "download"

personally I only get PS1 games on the emulator as well as some SNES and GBA games

Makes for a hell of a portable, son

thanks for the advice mom!

The PSP homebrew scene is not what it once was. Most of the major PSP developers have either left the scene. I got sick of keeping up with the latest workarounds and hacks or waiting for a new firmware version and just went back to official firmware.

Haven't been following the Go's progress, but how is the integration with the PS3? Can you connect and download games through the PSN? When I first heard about it ages ago it was pretty attractive to me, lacking UMD and pure digital approach which is cool, but I've read some nasty stuff about it so far (ie. its a dud).

i think all the psps can download directly via the psn.
You can pair the go with a bluetooth enabled phone and use tethering remote play anywhere or use the play tv if you have it etc.

some say the psp gos extra features are an excellent addition, some say they are pointless, it depends what your in it for, right now the price is way too high as the 3 free game code has now ended whereas at launch you ended up getting 5 full retail game downloads

They should bump the PSP-3000 down to ~$130 drop the price of the PSP-GO to ~$170. Or better yet, finish killing off UMD and just eliminate the PSP-3000 completely and lower the price of PSP titles on PSN.

Back