PS4 work through-wall?

ridinon0$

n00b
I have my media closet in the room directly behind my TV. I use a Harmony 900 remote to jump through the wall. My PS3 works through the wall too. A buddy brought over his Xbox One and the controllers would not sync. Does anyone know if the PS4 controllers can transmit through a wall?

If you are in here reading this, do you have any input on the new version of both the Xbox One and the PS4? I just they both just released updated models with more storage and a few other changes. From what I am reading, non of those changes are major...

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-one-1tb-console-price-reduction

http://whatculture.com/gaming/5-changes-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-ps4-model.php

TIA!
John

PS3 & 4 both use bluetooth for connectivity.

Xbox One uses some proprietary format that isn't wifi nor bluetooth.

My ps4 is on the other side of my wall in a closet. I've got lathe and plaster between me and the console, and I havent had any problems with, or any other console. I do not have a XBone, but I do have pretty much everything else.

Bluetooth is considered a personal area network. It's not designed or intended to go through walls.

My ps4 is on the other side of my wall in a closet. I've got lathe and plaster between me and the console, and I havent had any problems with, or any other console. I do not have a XBone, but I do have pretty much everything else.

Interesting. I had to google "lathe and plaster"... Is that considered more of a signal disruptor than sheetrock? I have a Wii U and it wouldn't work through the wall that the PS3 works through.

To add a few more details for those that may find this thread - my PS3 works through the wall, but if I put my legs up and they are between the controller and the PS3, I do get controller lag.
Also, the TV is beside the fireplace and the media closet is partially behind the fireplace. So my scenario isn't quite as simple as straight through a sheetrock wall...

If the PS3 controller can transmit fine, the PS4 controller should do the same. They both use Bluetooth and the controllers are compatible between systems.

If the PS3 controller can transmit fine, the PS4 controller should do the same. They both use Bluetooth and the controllers are compatible between systems.

This gives me a little hope - I have several PS3 controllers, and like anyone, I would love to be able to use them on a PS4. I have read that you can use a PS4 controller on a PS3, but it doesn't look like I can use my older controllers on the newest generation. Can you confirm this is correct?

Interesting. I had to google "lathe and plaster"... Is that considered more of a signal disruptor than sheetrock?

The way its built, there is more solid surface for it to go through. Plus it has all that metal in there. I know it was difficult to get my drill to go through it and I had to get an extension because my circle cutter wasn't deep enough.

This gives me a little hope - I have several PS3 controllers, and like anyone, I would love to be able to use them on a PS4. I have read that you can use a PS4 controller on a PS3, but it doesn't look like I can use my older controllers on the newest generation. Can you confirm this is correct?

I've never tried it, however I can think I a variety of reasons trying to use a Dualshock 3 on the PS4 just wouldn't work correctly. Like the PS3 controller is missing the touchpad most games use as extra buttons.

Back