PS4 price cut in US gets closer

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Destructoid noticed a premature Target ad showing $349.99 as the new price-dropped price. Looks like the price cut it got in Japan will hit the US too as we suspected. Probably not the best news for XB1.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-playstation-4-may-be-getting-a-price-drop-313891.phtml
313891-0.jpg

Last edited:
$299 on or before Black Friday, anticipating that it will be a permanent price at that time.. I'm basically calling it now.

I woudn't mind picking up a X-ONE for Halo just to listen to all the trash talk in the lobby =)

They can afford to sell it cheaper, but they've held off reducing price because they're moving units.

$299 on or before Black Friday, anticipating that it will be a permanent price at that time.. I'm basically calling it now.

I've never seen a price drop on a console for Black Friday. They normally just do bundles which could be good deals depending on the games bundled with it.

I'm tempted to get one, but right now, there's absolutely nothing on consoles that I can't play on my high end pc. Only game I'd be interested in playing is Uncharted 4. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

I'm tempted to get one, but right now, there's absolutely nothing on consoles that I can't play on my high end pc. Only game I'd be interested in playing is Uncharted 4. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Destiny if your into shooter mmo type games or halo.

Sweet, just in time for the Christmas season. My sister is a Rock Band nut, so I plan on picking up a PS4 and RB4 for her. She's stuck on a PS3, being on a fixed income.

Bloodborne is a must play. And I *suspect* that Dark Souls 3 will not launch on the PC at the same time as the consoles but will come later, meaning the PS4 will be the best DS3 platform on day one.

Last edited:
Also as seen on ArsTechnicha: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/10/ps4-price-drop-is-coming-according-to-retailer-leak/

While I originally thought it may drop more to really put the hurt on MS, after thinking about things further, I made this post in another thread.

I highly doubt that. The PS4 cost Sony $378 to build at launch, and maybe $300-320-ish now. There hasn't been a die shrink of the APU yet (still on 28nm), and the only major cost cutting measures taken are a simpler PCB from only needing 8 memory pad traces instead of 16, and half the memory modules. That should shave off $50 from the BOM.

So, $329-349 is most likely.

Called it. Will have to grab one next year as a birthday present to me, for sure. :D

Bloodborne is a must play. And I *suspect* that Dark Souls 3 will not launch on the PC at the same time as the consoles but will come later, meaning the PS4 will be the best DS3 platform on day one.

probably a month delay for PC as usual...which is enough time for me to go crazy and buy it on PS4 :D

The Last of Us? Well.. not everyone is into those games.. but I'm tempted on a ps4 just cause so many of my friends have them and game together on them regularly.. If the price does drop I will finally probably pull the trigger on one. Probably the Uncharted LE. Uncharted 4 looks pretty good.

I was going to wait until tax-return time to get one, but if this price cut happens I'll be getting one sooner. Most of my friends already have or are planning on getting a ps4, leaving me the only one with an xbox one.

The Last of Us? Well.. not everyone is into those games.. but I'm tempted on a ps4 just cause so many of my friends have them and game together on them regularly.. If the price does drop I will finally probably pull the trigger on one. Probably the Uncharted LE. Uncharted 4 looks pretty good.

The last of us is better than uncharted IMO.

Sports games are superior as well.

The last of us is better than uncharted IMO.

Sports games are superior as well.

I did a little searching today and I am more interested in SOMA actually for a horror title. The Destiny PS4 bundle is on sale for one day today.. BB and amazon.. 349. I don't like the marble white console look though. hrm..

FYI, I pre-ordered the Uncharted LE bundle from amazon @ 399 on Weds and got $50 knocked off the price before it arrived on Friday. Pretty cool!

Heh, I literally ordered one of these as soon as the price dropped, thinking it was a random sale. It was the Destiny Bundle on Amazon for 350. Not that I want Destiny at all; it was the only price dropped bundle at the time. I guess I was kind of silly because I didn't read the gaming news. Thing is, I saw that Disgaea 5 was released and I really wanted to play it as I am a huge fan of the series.... so I was like "time for a PS4, oh hey this is 349, good timing". Then again Amazon was sold out of PS4's soon after I ordered mine and the price went up. Well I'll also have Persona 5 and the next Neptunia to look forward to, so there's that. Plus, the console itself looks kind of neat in that bundle.

Back