PS4 Noob Here - Star Wars Battlefront

Puterguru

2[H]4U
So I got a used PS4 a few weeks ago really just for the sake of me and my boy playing Star Wars Battlefront the day it comes out. I have a few questions.

I connected it to my network but haven't signed up for any kind of account with Play Station. Do I need to do that?

What is the quickest way to get Star Wars Battlefront? Can you buy it for download on the PS4 and pre-load it?

Does both my boy and I need some sort of account in order to play the online multiplayer?

Sorry for all the noob questions...:(:(:(

Thanks in advance.

You need a Playstation Plus account for online multiplayer. You can buy a subscription from the store on the PS4. Yes, you can buy the game from Sony's store and pre-load it.

You need a Playstation Plus account for online multiplayer. You can buy a subscription from the store on the PS4. Yes, you can buy the game from Sony's store and pre-load it.

but you don't need to buy the Plus subscription right away...you get 1 or 2 free codes when you first sign up...use those for a few weeks and then decide if you want to continue paying...I bought a PS4 a few months back to play Bloodborne, after my free subscription ran out I never renewed because I don't use the PS4 that much...you can still play single player games for free without any subscription

Thank you...I need one and he needs one? Or will one account allow all users to play online multiplayer? We will be playing together in the same room on the same TV,

but you don't need to buy the Plus subscription right away...you get 1 or 2 free codes when you first sign up...use those for a few weeks and then decide if you want to continue paying...I bought a PS4 a few months back to play Bloodborne, after my free subscription ran out I never renewed because I don't use the PS4 that much...you can still play single player games for free without any subscription

Great, I will look into that as well.

Thank you...I need one and he needs one? Or will one account allow all users to play online multiplayer? We will be playing together in the same room on the same TV,

Since you will be playing split-screen multiplayer...you will not need an additional PS Plus account.

Since you will be playing split-screen multiplayer...you will not need an additional PS Plus account.

Thank you! That was the one last thing I was wondering. I purchased and pre-loaded the game. Bought me a 3 month PS Plus account. So my son does not need one then unless he plays online by himself?

As long as one paid PS Plus account is set as the primary account on your PS4, the other accounts can play the same games with the same benefits.
Minus the bonus in game items.

All of my games are bought on my account and my son plays them on his account.

It saves me a hassel too.
Mine is passworded so he can't buy crap or play on daddys game saves. Muahahahah

Back