PS3 v3.10 update

interested

Gawd
Just noticed it a few min ago.
I have not updated yet.
Has anyone else here tried it yet?

PSN Forum Link with more info etc..

Wikipedia link with info on update

I think the facebook thing is the main new feature.
I dont care for facebook, but i will update anyways since its a mandatory update.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up. i'll update next time i'm in the mood for some Uncharted 2 and actually power up my PS3 :)

I got it, and it just seems to be a bit spammy, There should be an option to limit it to certain groups of friends. I just don't feel comfortable with everyone knowing what I buy on PSN and what I'm doing in game in real time.

Somebody said that YouTube ran better...do you think they used the new GPU flash version?

Nice letting us change the color...it's not like I called the gray space to be for customization or anything though (I did, a while back, when the update released on PS forums).

The Facebook thing is great too.

Nice letting us change the color...it's not like I called the gray space to be for customization or anything though (I did, a while back, when the update released on PS forums).
The Facebook thing is great too.

Change the color of what?

Great update with features I dont care or used. I wish they add mkv, rm, and iso support

Meh, Facebook stuff. How about some of the useful stuff mentioned above like MKV support, or even FLAC.

BTW for those seeking MKV support over LAN, just use the PS3 Media Server. It has its problems but generally it gets the job done.

not sure if its a firmware coincidence for wu but the video store is now available at last!! about 800 films to choose from, rent or buy, it'd also available through the psp!

Great update with features I dont care or used. I wish they add mkv, rm, and iso support

Just use PS3 Media Server. I started ripping all of my dvd's as ISO's to my 3 1TB HDDs in my pc and they played just fine thru PS3 MS. I got the HDD's for a good price so i said what the hell...load them up! :) I just now this week started ripping a single .VOB file and those work also (much smaller and its just the movie. I don't care about the extras. If I want to watch those, i'll go grab the actual disk out of the box in my garage). No quality loss and plays in Dolby Digital (as its the original files from the DVD). You can also add cover art via the PS3 cover generator. I'll have to find the site and link to it once i get home. :)

My question is if I got this route for BR, what format does it rip it to on your pc and can the PS3 MS play that format in 1080p?

My question is if I got this route for BR, what format does it rip it to on your pc and can the PS3 MS play that format in 1080p?

Same story as DVDs, except you'll probably want it done in MKV files (google for how to BD to MKV). Prepare for frequent crashes though, particularly when you jump in the timeline. Also you may want to up the quality settings in PMS to make it worthwhile: Under Transcoding Settings, I use audio 6 ch (shame no 8) @ 640kbps and FLAC>LPCM enabled, and video quality keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=2 (but it WILL stutter if you don't have a gigabit network).

If you don't have a decent computer, then stick with SD or 720 at most.

I like to copy the movies to the HD and watch it from there. Its more reliable than streaming

Oh wonderful... now I'm subjected to whatever ugly colour people on my friend's list choose rather than that ugly grey box.

Anyone know if I can just set everyone to use the same colour? Override it on a global level for instance.

Back