PS3 dead blu-ray drive

DruSi3r

Gawd
While watching the ending CG sequences of MGS4, the game froze and displayed a cd icon with an exclimation mark in the top left hand side. I could not do anything but manually hard reset the system. Everything came back up fine (XMB) but now the drive no loanger reads anything. I have tried all formats. Sony is replacing the unit with a new 40gig after a few minutes on the phone with tech support. Thought I would share, still love my PS3 and blu-ray movies. I'm just mad I didnt get to watch the ending of MGS4.

same thing happened to my friend's 80gb mgs4 bundled ps3. sucked that it happened on the 3rd day after he bought it. he called sony's tech support and did the whole replacement thing. took about a week and half for him to get his new ps3 back. sony will send you a box to put your ps3 in so you can ship it back to them. good luck.

I think I finished all the gameplay; but worse part is...I deleted the savegame and system data. Oh well it was from gamefly, I don't own the game. I canceled gamefly (though I enjoyed their service for a few months), and will probably try blockbuster online for some bd movies once I get my replacement. I hope I get a fresh 12 month warranty once I get my replacement unit. You think it will be new, or just replace the drive?

Back