PS3 BC Problem

shadowsz14

Weaksauce
Hey -

I hope you guys can help me out here. My 40 GB PS3 will not play any PS2 games and I really don't want to whip out Folklore here.

I am thinking that I need to retch the Emotion Engine here because I am thinking that it is not even turned on in manufacturing. I am blown away that something like this happens in a manufacturing line, nonetheless Sony.

The update is not working here, and I really do not have to return this for the second time.

I can't believe this

shadowsz14

:confused:
tell me that you didn't return it because it wouldn't play PS2 games... Is this a joke post because I fail to see how this is funny..

FYI: 40GB is NOT BC, only the 60GB and 80GB models are... I think the 20GB ones are BC as well, but forget even finding one of those...

I heard that if you wrap the 40GB in a towel, turn it on, and leave it overnight it will play PS2 games after.

I think it actually says so on the box... if not...

The PS3 40GB MODEL DOES NOT HAVE BC BUILT INTO IT.

Only the 20GB (Hardware), 60GB (Hardware), and the 80GB (Software Support) has backwards compatibility.

Are you high on something? Every wiki says that it works.

How often do you smoke? You shouldn't inhale your ovheating comp because there sure isn't propane in there.

Are you high on something? Every wiki says that it works.

How often do you smoke? You shouldn't inhale your ovheating comp because there sure isn't propane in there.

Well, I don't know which wikis you have been visiting, but it's not every single one. If you had visited every single one, you would have noticed this table on Wikipedia's PS3 page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3):

yo.jpg

In closing, please do not insult your fellow [H] members' intelligence. Also, that last sentence you posted didn't even make sense.

we should ban him for being here for 5.1 years and having 90 posts. And failing at trying to be funny.

This thread has to be a joke, no one can be this stupid. Way too many sources out there that point out that the 40 gig doesn't play PS2 games.

I must be high because I seem to be able to NOT read and NOT come up with random fake facts.

I'm for the whole free week get away for our troll of the week. I may have been a little emphatic on my statements, but insulting someone (who's in general consensus with the 40 GB PS3 box, wiki, Sony website AND fellow [H] members) for saying the truth is just low.

Ya..if u are staring at the front of your box..flip it to the right side
"This model of the Playstation 3 system is designed to play Playstation 3 format software and has limited backward compatibility. This system is not compatible with and will not play Playstation 2 format software. Some Playstation format software may play on this system."

I'm not really sure they can make that any more clear.

I heard that if you wrap the 40GB in a towel, turn it on, and leave it overnight it will play PS2 games after.

Nah, that just turns it into a once-broken 360.

Now, if you gutted the PS3 and replaced it with the innards of an old PS2, then you can play PS2 games on the PS3

Warning: Not responsible for incompatibility of PS3 or newer games.

Back