Proper airflow?

ShadowStriker

[H]ard|Gawd
How do I know if I have proper airflow?

I have:
2x Scythe GT AP-15s at the front pushing into the case (one connected to PSU, one connected to mobo fan plug)
1x 240mm pushing out top of my Thermaltake Element S (stock fan), I'm thinking of replacing this with a Xigmatek one since its quieter.
1x 140mm Scythe SlipStream Kaze Maru2 140 SM1424SL12M pushing out back

Oh, and I'm thinking of getting the Corsair H80 when it comes out to cool my CPU. Probably add another SlipStream so it can push/pull

Sounds pretty good to me. It all depends on what your temps are. If they are high you may want to change things around.

Should I put both AP15s on PSU or leave the one on mobo fan? Its not like I can hear it anyways.

What happened to the GTAP15s? I can't find them anymore, well I can't find any GTs in general. Newegg has them listed as deactivated.

I'd say you could probobly leave the fans connected like you have them now. If you don't notice the noise then it's pretty much just whatever you prefer. I'm not sure about the GTAP15's, maybe they've been replaced with newer models. You could always post in the FS/FT forum asking if anybody has extras they want to sell.

AP 15's sell out very fast, and gentle typhoons in general. There were rumors about the AP 15 being discontinued, but I highly doubt they will be. You have to wait for them to go back into stock.

Oh, and I'm thinking of getting the Corsair H80 when it comes out to cool my CPU. Probably add another SlipStream so it can push/pull
If you do get the H80,should replace its stock fan with the pair of GT AP15 and take another fans for the front of the case.

Is there a specific intake to outtake ratio I should be looking for?

Positive pressure (more CFM intake) will collect less dust inside (since more air is pushed in thru the fans), but is a bit less efficient in cooling. Negative pressure (more CFM exiting) cools a bit better but is a dust magnet, since it sucks it thru any little hole possible.

I usually have an extra fan on the exhaust.

Back